View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #125
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
This is something that the Delta Center is rather infamous for IIRC. Ten or twenty years ago, players would periodically accuse a Jazz fan of using racial slurs, and accuse the management there of not doing anything about it. That was one of the reasons the Jazz had such a tough time recruiting black players back in the day.

Is SLC racist? I haven't been there, and I don't think this is necessarily evidence for it. But this is the culture that Larry Miller allowed to grow at his team's arena back in the day, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see it happen again now that the team is having some success.

Infamous for? I've been a fan since '82 and I don't remember hearing this stuff, where did you get this info.... gonna need some sort of verification. You definitely havn't been here, you are clueless to how it is here, as well as many others making claims about how it is here in Utah.

And how does it make sense for somebody to go to an NBA game and start calling people ******s, about the stupidest thing in the world to be doing, and why would they even be there in the first place? Why is it only two people hear it in the whole arena hear it, one of them being Stephen Jackson, who has very questionable character, and I'm sure was pretty pissed at the guy who held the sign saying the NBA could use another $50,000. I can see him having a motivation for getting back at the fans of Utah for that.

If someone said something like that, none of the fans are going to be cool with it, and Larry Miller certainly wouldn't put up with that for a second. If someone said that they are a complete idiot and definitely do not represent the majority, in fact they are probably from out of town. The Utah Jazz fans are not down with that kind of thing at all, if you think otherwise you are greatly misinformed.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 05-12-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote