View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #52
fpliii
NBA All-star

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I was going to quote the other post but you posted your reply in my quote so I can't.

Sorry, I was too lazy to break it up into quotes.

Quote:
I agree, on Duncan and Robinson. Defensively, they were playing with two centers...but that's in essence. They took at Twin Towers approach but Duncan was the PF on defense. I think you qualify a center thru his defense before anything else. Robinson, for all his versatility and face-up game, was the absolute prototype as a defensive center. Added to that, he was quicker and more athletic than just about any PF in the league, much less C. Offensively, he faced up and Duncan played in the post. Defensively, he was the guy at C.

I agree with all of this (again, based on limited viewing of them in the regular season; I think I've seen every playoff game they played together). Regarding the bolded, I'm wondering who everyone has as the defensive anchor in each of their seasons together:

1997-98:
1998-99:
1999-00:
2000-01:
2001-02:
2002-03:

By the end I think most will have Duncan as the guy (though Robinson was able to body guys up even into 03), though I think people are split on the 98-99 season.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote