View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

Malone is one bitter mofo. Even Jerry Sloan has said Duncan is one of the best PF's ever. Charles Barkley said it in the interview in the OP.

Either way, Karl Malone a couple years ago said he doesn't even care about rankings... dude just seems like a hater who misses being in the limelight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Lake City press
So, Mailman, are you the best ever?

"I don't know," Malone answered when asked the question during a recent KSL-TV interview.

Malone admitted that he never even thought about those types of things during his playing days.

"Being the best power forward or the best player," he said, "I will tell you without a doubt I never thought I was."

When it came to being ready to play, however, Malone definitely believes he held that advantage.

"Not one time," he said, "did I step on the floor physically and think that somebody was in better conditioning than I was."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rd.html?pg=all

Tim Duncan's prime was playing Power Forward and he's never won a title playing full time center (in 2007 Oberto/Elson battled all season for starting center), yet he's capable of shifting to the 5. He'll be categorized as a PF/C just like Pau Gasol, Jermaine Oneal, Chis Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Al Horford, Antonio McDyess, Otis Thorpe, Kevin McHale and so many other PF's who could play the 5. This season actually, Duncan has played more PF, as Tiago Splitter is taking the reigns at center (he's definitely a natural center, much more than Duncan).

Here's Duncan hitting a game winning shot over the Jazz in 2003... WHILE Malone is guarding him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqwvE5KVW8
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote