View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OGT: Dec 12 Brooklyn Nets (11-9) vs Toronto Raptors (4-18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd shorten that to just Valanciunas and Ed Davis. And Davis is no lock either.

Lowry is going to be at his peak soon and requiring a big contract. He's very good but he might be more valuable as a trade asset than a player to a rebuilding (what the Raptors should be doing) team. The Raptors likely will not be a good team during any of Lowry's best seasons.

Derozan isn't good enough to justify the contract he got. His improvement over 3+ years now has been minimal. I'd be looking to dump that contract.

Ross was a reach to begin with and hasn't shown anything. But as long as he's on his rookie deal you're in no rush to trade him.
Only reason I included Ross is because his body of work is so small; but I agree, he could be expendable, too. Lots of raw athleticism and talent but he was still a pretty big reach at number eight.

How old is Lowry? I thought he was in his mid-20s (25ish). But you're that reay to get rid of all but one or two players?

I think DeRozan is a nice player but yeah, his contract seems too expensive. Really, though, they need shooters. Keep Valanciunas, maybe Davis, and maybe one of Ross or DeRozan, get some shooters.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote