View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #57
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Celtics are just taking it easy for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I get that. He most certainly lost explosiveness and that injury is where his prime was cut. But even tho he's no longer as dominant or as great, the question should is he any less durable?

If Rivers wants to preserve Garnett, then the way to do it is not to limit his involvement or his role throughout the season, but to limit his minutes. That's what depth is for. I think it's impossible to use him one way throughout the regular season and then another come the playoffs.
They're limiting his minutes as well. The decision was made last season to base the offense on Rondo finding people. And the offense is probably the best part of the team right now as the D is weak when KG is off the court and the rebounding is horrible. The offense could be better but I have to agree with Doc's view that Garnett needs to be preserved for the postseason.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote