View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Vote for the Top 10 Defensive Players in NBA History

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
So given my criteria then, perhaps I should bump him down into the final tier. I also need to reevaluate Ben Wallace's impact, and decide what to do about Rodman.

BTW what are your thoughts on Kareem/Walton?

I haven't entirely made up my mind on the Kareem/Walton debate. Walton sweeping Kareem doesn't mean as much to me as it seems to mean to others. Walton had the better team, and by a substantial margin. When you pile the Laker injuries on top of that, the sweep isn't all that surprising. I do think Walton was the slightly better player, but it's like splitting hairs to me.

As for their defense: both were excellent, Walton was slightly better, but not by much. I'm not sure I'd have either in my top 10. Walton would be there with better longevity, but top 10's always come with such stiff competition.
DatAsh is online now   Reply With Quote