View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #69
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Vote for the Top 10 Defensive Players in NBA History

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC
I don't understand why people refuse to rank the best defenders without splitting them into different categories, and yet people are perfectly happy to rank the best players ever irrespective of position.

So what difference does it make if we're looking at just the defensive end?

That's a good question.

I think it just depends on the player.

Players like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird impact the offense very differently than Michael Jordan, Kobe, Iverson and Lebron. And Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, and Ewing impact the game differently than those guys too.

It's something that does not get talked about much. My guess is that defense is easier to separate than offense. Offense is more how many points can you score and defense is easier to see the different valuables in how it impacts the game.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote