View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #114
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
I sightly disagree. I watched a few of Clippers this year where CP3 would give him the ball. Griffin had a few open shots too or he can drive in for the dunk and get a foul. Instead he is looking to pass. But you are right that they don't really give him the ball that much in the 4th either. They should.

The Clippers won't get far unless Griffin is their focal point on offense. They should go inside and then out. I think they are fine with CP3 or Crawford closing games when they are hot or making a play, but Griffin should get the ball and score more in the 4th than he has been.

I disagree here. While I agree he doesn't have a mature game, the Clippers are at their best if they go inside and out with Griffin. The reason why is because he is a good passer and he could create for his teammates and they have a better of scoring with him attacking the basket than a jumpshot. Whenever they do have as the focal point in the offense, they look more fluid and better on offense than not. It was the same last year too. But CP3 was better at closing last year so far.

But no question that CP3 impact>Griffin's impact.

You make valid points and that's why I've acknowledged Griffin makes it worse by passing too much. Bottom line like you said is Clippers at their best are an inside/out team running the offense through Griffin. The 4th quarters of not giving Griffin the ball, especially when he DOMINATED prior needs to end. This guy has 15/8/3 for example at the half so why not feed and feed him? That's the one thing Baron was much better than CP3 at... feeding the hot hand.

Baron in general really played well with Griffin and now that he's gone and we have CP3 I realize it more than ever. Baron was always willing to throw risky lobs and Blake got them 90 percent of the time. Those easy dunks energize him and get his post game going. Baron also was better at letting Griffin handle the ball and attack more.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote