View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #26
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kevin Durant or T-Mac: The Better Individual Talent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I don't get this about T-Mac. Everyone says he doesn't or didn't work hard? You don't just make the NBA without any work. Ok, he may not have the work ethic of Kobe, but who the hell does?

Remember him as a rookie, than think of him in his 7th, 8th season with Orlando. That was work put in. Dude was what 180 6'7 twig out of high school?

Durant is durable, some people have good and bad luck. Mac was pretty durable his first couple of season in Orlando. Just bad luck.

Andre Miller, come in camp and the early seasons some times chubby and out of shape, yet homie has missed a handful of games his entire career. That is just pure luck.

Bad luck with the chronic back issues, which probably cut into the time he was willing to train.

His game was so explosive and athletically based, yet he let himself go in the offseasons when he was in Houston. I remember being so excited when he was coming to town in 2004-05 but was let down by how chubby he was at the start of the season and all the seasons that followed.

He set his own body up for failure by not maintaining it. You can't just flick a switch like that on and off when you're so dependent on athleticism. I'm no sports doctor, but my innate logic tells me that tricks your ligaments and leaves them vulnerable when they can't keep up with your muscle ignition.

But again, it could be due to the bad back which discouraged him from wanting to aggravate the spasms.

A dude like Andre Miller can get by being chubby at times since his game isn't as athletically demanding and is far more skill-based.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote