View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Vote for the Top 10 Defensive Players in NBA History

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
I continue to find it sad the disrespect Nate Thurmond gets, when he was recognized during the time he actually played as second only to Russell, yet as time passes and you get people who don't know much about the era talking about all-time great defenders, Thurmond gets completely overlooked, as the people looking back now after the fact would only be aware of the big names, which were Russell and Chamberlain.

Talking about defensive impact based on stats is false on too many levels. Who here has seen Nate Thurmond play regularly? Not some games or some 5 minute long video clip but, say, a season?

It's sad enough to see 15 year old kids arguing Stockton vs. Isiah, when all they saw was a few games worth of footage (if that much). One should really refrain from posting on matters he has no clue about.

I'm almost 40. When it comes to Bill Russell, all I can say is 'I don't know' though. I have never seen the guy play, for crying out loud. Talking of Nate Thurmond's defensive impact... come on.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote