View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #10
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Vote for the Top 10 Defensive Players in NBA History

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
I'm not sure why some of these names are even on here when discussing "greatest defensive players in NBA history," specifically, top ten. Bob Cousy, for instance, being a nominee for one of the 10 greatest defensive players ever to play the game is utterly absurd. On some lists it seems that people just list names of every good player they can think of rather than players who actually qualify for whatever the given category is that's being discussed.

Yeah, Cousy's name probably doesn't belong on the shortlist.

However, it certainly wasn't due to me simply selecting the best players ever; I tried to select players who had All-Defensive 1st or 2nd Team selections or, if they played prior to that accolade being given out, then those who were regarded as great defenders.

Cousy's name appeared on one of the All-Defensive 2nd Team's selected by GOAT in an excellent article he wrote a while back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=190405), hence he made the list by default.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote