View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #63
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How old were you when you first dunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
It usually seems to be one or the other for most people. I could dunk both ways, but I prefer two feet BY far. I had a friend...white guy about 6'5" who would dunk on ANYONE off one foot. I mean he got UP there. Ask him to try and dunk a ball jumping off two feet and he couldn't do it. Didn't seem to know how to plant his feet.
I actually started off a one-foot dunker and moved to two-feet partway through high school. I went so far the other way that I actually lost the ability to dunk off one foot. So, being only a two-foot guy, there was a little while there where any time I'd come across a dunking opportunity, I'd be chased down while trying to set my feet or I'd slip by setting too fast or I'd just flat out rush everything.

Post high school, I forced myself back into one-foot dunking. It's been pretty solid and easy ever since. I made sure to retain my two-foot ability this time around though, so now I sort of have the best of both worlds.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote