View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm still young to the game... why do you have to hold the ball...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
What if you don't know and just start flipping everyone cause it's fun? Then afterwards someone told you that in American culture, it's not nice to do it. That's basically what happened to Lillard.
That's sort of why I mentioned the receiver reasoning for intent. I've had friends flip me off and I know they didn't mean it seriously. I do not have to pull them aside and lecture them on American culture because they understand it already, they just clearly did not use it with malicious intent.

In Lillard's case, I will just about bet my life that he understands it's poor sportsmanship to make a mockery of the competition when you're winning. He just figured that a random, routine, and plain jane two-hand dunk had no business being taken offensively. It wasn't him mocking the Bulls, it was just him playing. It's more similarly comparable to me walking down the street at night and someone coming up to me and saying, "Just so you know, we don't do that here. It's just, people take it the wrong way. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it's just culture."
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote