Re: #98 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
The most slept on player in NBA history...
- Won the BAA/NBA first ever championship as the league's top scorer
- 3 x league-leading scorer
- Won the scoring championship while scoring 30% more points than the 2nd highest scorer (equivalent of someone averaging over 40ppg today).
- Scored a then-record 63 points in a game which lasted for a decade until Elgin Baylor topped it (63 points was incredible back then, since most teams scored much less than that)
- Revolutionised the jump shop as one of the first pros to utilise it
- Member of the NBA's Silver Anniversary Team of 10 players (along with Paul Arizin, Bob Davies, Bob Cousy, Bill Sharman, Bill Russell, George Mikan, Dolph Schayes, Bob Pettit, and Sam Jones)
- Voted the 1948 Athlete of the Year by Sporting News, ahead of Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Doak Walker, Ben Hogan, Pancho Gonzales, and Joe Louis who were at their peaks
- Ranked 64th all-time in Slam's 500 greatest players magazine
- Ranked 38th all-time in Basketball's 100 Greatest Players (Wayne Patterson)