View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Race to the MVP 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
Chris Paul - 17.0 ppg, 2.2 spg, 10.3 apg, 3.3 rpg, 47% shooting
Kyrie Irving - 24.3 ppg, 1.3 spg, 6.5 apg, 4.1 rpg, 47% shooting

And Paul is on everyone's board.

One other thing...Kyrie is not throwing lobs to Blake or Deandre, and Jamaal Crawford is not coming off his bench.

I love Chris Paul, buy Kyrie made him look silly in the head to head which Cleveland won 108-101. Please don't tell me the Clipps are better - the world knows that.

Why ignore turnovers per game, a stat that should be big for point guards in which Paul is averaging 2.1 to Irving's 4.1. Paul averages 4.82 assists per turnover, #1 among all guards and #2 overall behind Marc Gasol. In retrospect, Irving is tied #59 with Glen Davis averaging 1.58 assists per turnover. That means, Paul dishes out 3 more assists before a turnover than Kyrie

Or FGA per game, which Paul is at 11.25 to Irving's 17.75. Give Paul 7 shots more a night and he hits 3, that only gives Irving a 1.3 ppg advantage. And, to finish it all off, to win the MVP, you need to be winning, which the Cavs are not and the Clippers are.

And if you want to mention the head to head, yes, the Cavs stole one, but the stats aren't as far off as you want to make it seem. Irving took 13 shots to score a measly 7 points more. If Paul went 4-13 on the shot difference, he would've scored 1 more. Irving had one more dime, but one more giveaway, same steals, and less rebounds in 3 more minutes.

Don't get me wrong, Irving is one of the league's best, but this comparison, especially for MVP, isn't even close. Irving is probably top 10 in the argument, namely if the Cavs end up a top 6 seed somehow, but Paul has to be top 3, hands down.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote