Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Police mugshots in the 1920s (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315692)

East_Stone_Ya 11-03-2013 12:32 PM

Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
criminals back in the day used to suit up pretty good :pimp:




http://themetapicture.com/police-mugshots-in-the-1920s/

East_Stone_Ya 11-03-2013 12:34 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 

DeuceWallaces 11-03-2013 01:10 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
It says Fellini was really a woman posing as man for 20 years who murdered her "wife."

East_Stone_Ya 11-03-2013 02:24 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
It says Fellini was really a woman posing as man for 20 years who murdered her "wife."


yeah that was bizarre

ProfessorMurder 11-03-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
It's sad that even though they're going to jail, they're dressed nicer than I've ever been in my life.

Scholar 11-03-2013 02:53 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
I would still dress like that today if I could afford to. I don't care how "out of style" that would look. Those suits are fly.

Meticode 11-03-2013 03:36 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
William Stanley Moore totally representing.

senelcoolidge 11-03-2013 04:17 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
People dressed a lot more formal in those days. I'm guessing around the 60's is when people began to dress more casual and sloppy. Hippies probably. If you watch film of people in the 50's and before they dressed in suits and hats. Things were just more formal. I like that style. I like formality. Today if you tried to dress like that people would look at you like a weirdo.

Balla_Status 11-03-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholar
I would still dress like that today if I could afford to. I don't care how "out of style" that would look. Those suits are fly.


These photos actually show what is actually "stylish." People still wear those suits today. They may not be fashionable but they are definitely a staple of men's style.

Those suits will still look nice 50 years from now. The trousers are the best...they're not baggy at all.

Balla_Status 11-03-2013 04:25 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
People dressed a lot more formal in those days. I'm guessing around the 60's is when people began to dress more casual and sloppy. Hippies probably. If you watch film of people in the 50's and before they dressed in suits and hats. Things were just more formal. I like that style. I like formality. Today if you tried to dress like that people would look at you like a weirdo.


It's also too damn hot in some areas.

methusala 11-03-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
A time when self respect and present ability meant something, even if you were a criminal.

Now we got motherfukas in skinny jeans and bro tanks.

Immortal Bum 11-03-2013 10:47 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
i bet a lot of those guys were on boardwalk empire.

miller-time 11-03-2013 10:48 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by methusala
A time when self respect and present ability meant something, even if you were a criminal.

Now we got motherfukas in skinny jeans and bro tanks.


Self respect is important, but is it more important than promoting conformity? People can be more expressive today (especially males) where as back then social pressures were much more rigid.

BRabbiT 11-03-2013 11:35 PM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 


"He was described as a safebreaker"

ILLsmak 11-04-2013 02:05 AM

Re: Police mugshots in the 1920s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
criminals back in the day used to suit up pretty good :pimp:




http://themetapicture.com/police-mugshots-in-the-1920s/


De Gracy looks like the hardest dude out of all of them cept that Asian.

-Smak


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy