Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dwight Howard will dominate 2013-2014 easily. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310842)

Connor B 08-21-2013 01:58 AM

Dwight Howard will dominate 2013-2014 easily.

It is like the first 7 years of his career were completely forgotten. Annual all-star, rebounding leader, 3x DPOY, averages an 18/13/2(b) for career and a 20/14/3 for the playoffs. He took a finals team of backcourt jump and three point shooters to the finals (not saying they weren't good, but that team without him is a second round exit at best). Then all the drama, all the stupid shit, him just being a tool in general, and people overlook the fact that he had a back surgery that his doctor said should have been career ending...he still puts up 17/12/2.5 in the regular season in a toxic environment placed under broken management and a coach trying to run a system completely unfitting for him.

Yes, maybe he should have toughened up. Yes, maybe he acted like a bitch at times. And no, I do not think Kobe can be blamed for the lack of chemistry between them.

But now he is at a team where he fits in much better as a player working under the mentorship of two of the greatest post-players of all time with a young core, is in much better health, and with championships rather than money in his mind. He has a lot to prove, but no doubt he will do it. I say Houston wins a championship by 2016.

Electric Slide 08-21-2013 01:58 AM

Re: Dwight Howard will dominate 2013-2014 easily.

Do people realize that it's possible that Dwight will never regain that explosiveness and athleticism he had in Orlando? It's possible his career is just slowly going downhill like Tmac.

funnystuff 08-21-2013 02:05 AM

He doesn't have Kobe holding him back anymore, so i can believe it.

poido123 08-21-2013 02:11 AM

I suspect he will have his best years in Houston. He has the right kind of players around him, good mentors around him and I think we will finally see how good Howard can be..

Mr Know It All 08-21-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric Slide
Do people realize that it's possible that Dwight will never regain that explosiveness and athleticism he had in Orlando? It's possible his career is just slowly going downhill like Tmac.

Very pessimistic outlook, but also a very fair point. Morey is a great GM, but I also think he took more of a gamble on Dwight than people realize. Maybe even more than he realizes. I'd love to pin all of the Lakers' woes on Kobe and the two coaching failures, but Dwight really looked vulnerable even when he got healthy later in the season.

Houston two ball dominant Gs like the Lakers (Lin-Harden, Nash-Kobe), a disgruntled Euro forward (Asik-Gasol) and then Parsons mixed in with some questionable talent that had to be sacrificed for cap space, and a coach who likes to up the pace rather than play slow (Mchale, DAntoni). I would not be surprised if a similar recipe in Houston turns up the same warts we saw in the 2012-2013 Lakers.

I believe Houston will be a 50+ winner this year, but they have more questions than people would like to admit.

East_Stone_Ya 08-21-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

It's possible his career is just slowly going downhill like Tmac.

I<3NBA 08-21-2013 07:10 AM

Lebron says no.

SacJB Shady 08-21-2013 08:09 AM

You know what else stands for DH? dam hockey

Mr Exlax 08-21-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Do people realize that it's possible that Dwight will regain that explosiveness and athleticism he had in Orlando? It's possible his career is not slowly going downhill like Tmac

brantonli 08-21-2013 11:05 AM

The pace of the Rockets will be fine. McHale has already said he think an offense should run through a big man, and the free wheeling offense was only implemented because the Rockets HAD no big men at all (at least on the offensive end).

HomieWeMajor 08-21-2013 11:19 AM

Dwight Howard is my sleeper pick for MVP next season

DukeDelonte13 08-21-2013 11:21 AM

Dwight's surgery was not a permanent fix and the disc will gradually slip. He's gonna play in pain the rest of his career.

SCdac 08-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connor B
It is like the first 7 years of his career were completely forgotten. Annual all-star, rebounding leader, 3x DPOY...

What's ironic about this statement, questioning people's memory, is that he wasn't always all those things in his first 7 years.

Electric Slide 08-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
Do people realize that it's possible that Dwight will regain that explosiveness and athleticism he had in Orlando? It's possible his career is not slowly going downhill like Tmac

People already think this, so no.

Idiot.

Nick Young 08-21-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Dwight's surgery was not a permanent fix and the disc will gradually slip. He's gonna play in pain the rest of his career.

how do you know?

I hate the guy but that really sucks to hear. No athlete deserves that.

How is this scrub going to deal with it? Probably quit based on what Ive seen of him.