Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Charlotte Bobcats Edition (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310309)

bagelred 08-14-2013 09:15 AM

ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Charlotte Bobcats Edition

It's August 1st!!! No draft, signings done, no Summer League. Two months of nothingness......so it's time to do some ANALYSIS!!! One team at a time!!!

A brand new series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we? :applause:

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158

Today's team?

THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

PG - Walker/Sessions/Pargo
SG - Henderson/Gordon
SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
PF - Zeller/McRoberts/Adrien
C - Jefferson/Biyombo/Haywood

Head Coach - Steve Clifford
General Manager - Rich Cho

1. TRUE or FALSE: The Charlotte Bobcats are finally on the right track.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will step up this season and play like a legitimate franchise player.

3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ draft bust.

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"?

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.

You can elaborate on your answers. :D

Next up: Chicago Bulls. Have a Five Question suggestion for Bulls? Send me a PM with ideas.

:banana:

LosScandalous 08-14-2013 09:21 AM

Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Charlotte Bobcats Edition

1. True, this team can only get better with all that potential/hype nonsense and Al Jef should be a big improvement
2. True. He had to share roles with 3 other elite big men. now he's the number 1 option alongside mini dikembe.
3. True, probably
4. like the best? or the one they want to keep? MKG
5.True, It will always be true. it's the leastern conference. It's the easiest division of all sports, you might as just go to the park and play with your buddies and crown a champion at the end. that's basically what the east does every season.

andremiller07 08-14-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"?

None are untouchable but the least tradable would be
1.MKG
2.Zeller
3. Taylot
4. Walker
5. Hendo (good cheap deal that's tradable in a package to get something good back)
6. Biyombo the guys is just terrible

SpurrDurr 08-14-2013 09:35 AM

1.FALSE: i don't see them even landing a playoffs spot in the next years. They are far behind team like Wizards and Cavs.

2.FALSE: he doesn't even bother to play D. anyway i don't think anyone is interested in becoming the Charlotte's franchise player

3. kind of TRUE: when they got him at n.4 pick i thought i was dreaming. In the summer league he was really good but i don't think he's gonna become a good player. His big brother was awful last year with the Cavs, i fear it's gonna happen to him as well.

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Henderson was the best player last year imo, and his contract is really good.

5. FALSE: 5 spots are locked. Then we have Hawks, Cavs and Wizards that prolly will make it.

kshutts1 08-14-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will step up this season and play like a legitimate franchise player.

3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ draft bust.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.

1) Right track as in...? They will improve their win count from last year, so if you want to see improvement, then yes. They are not, however, contenders for the playoffs (unless we've all vastly underrated Al Jeff), much less a title. Though IF MKG and IF Zeller both pan out as quality players worthy of a high pick, then in a couple years the Bobcats could make the playoffs.

I am curious about Cho as the GM. He's a really smart dude, and I feel like I've seen his name attached to another team that made some savvy decisions, etc. That being said, some people think that he got Al Jeff with the thought that it LOOKS like they're trying to be better, they should win a couple more games and just be "bad" instead of "historically bad", but Al Jeff in no means will bring you out of the basement. So did he do the trade to get some "respectability" (relative to the last couple years) while still staying at, or near, the basement to compete for Wiggins? If so, then he's way smarter than I have ever given a GM credit.

2) I believe he will average something like 23/8-11. As for defense... Probably not. But then again, gaudy numbers have persuaded a lot of people in the past.

3) I actually have a good feeling about Zeller although, truth be told, I also felt good about MKG and he's looking terrible thus far.

4) Kemba. He's the only one that's shown he's a legit NBA player, and he's young, and there have been zero issues with him off the court, or on it for that matter. I just want to be clear, though, that "most untouchable" is not the same as "untouchable". That label should apply to no one.

5) Not as currently constructed.

I<3NBA 08-14-2013 10:25 AM

right track to where? the franchise still has no direction and i don't think that's ever going to change until MJ gets a really good GM.

False. he's had all these years to play great. i don't think we'll see more from him.

FALSE. because i don't think Zeller was personally hand picked by MJ. i think this is the GM's choice.

NONE. they all suck.

FALSE. there are better teams than them that will be chasing those last playoff spots.

bagelred 08-14-2013 03:47 PM

Don't be disrespecting the Bobcats. :no: Answer da damn questions, yo.

boozehound 08-14-2013 03:58 PM

THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

PG - Walker/Sessions/Pargo
SG - Henderson/Gordon
SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
PF - Zeller/McRoberts/Adrien
C - Jefferson/Biyombo/Haywood

Head Coach - Steve Clifford
General Manager - Rich Cho

False. Totally False. They are a complete mess and continue to fubar the draft. What is there track? What role does a 28? yr old defensive liability as their center play with MKG on the wings. None of the parts fit, and most of the parts arent very good anyways.

False. Will he have the offensive stats? Probably, but he will be a huge defensive liability and wont make his team better on offense. He will just use a lot of their usage rate (weird sentence, sorry).

uhm, Brown is a better player than given credit for. I could see zeller having a similar level career as a career rotation player, but about replacement level (never an all star or even close). Obviously his game is quite different, but hes not going to be that good in the league. He will be way better than AmMo

Maybe MKG. Maybe Walker. But really, none of them.

False. Entirely false. They have a realistic chance of being better than the sixers and maybe the magic.

Flush 08-14-2013 04:07 PM

1. TRUE or FALSE: The Charlotte
Bobcats are finally on the right
track.

FALSE. They still have to evolve their youngsters for a playoff caliber team. New draftpicks every year won't give a freeway to wins.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will
step up this season and play like a
legitimate franchise player.
FALSE. IMO he will play same ball he played in Utah or even worse. The guy has potential but Bobcats are not the team to show it.

3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of
Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison,
Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ
draft bust.

FALSE. Cody has a decent bigman's potential, IMO he has JV potential.

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-
Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller:
Which of these players should be
considered the most
"Untouchable"?

I think its Kemba, this guy putted some decent numbers last season.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have
a realistic chance of making the
playoffs this season.

FALSE. They are not the playoff team yet.

hangintheair 08-14-2013 05:44 PM

If the leverage was from there 2 previous seasons then I would say they half on track. But they need to have a systems that works for them. Like trying to find a coach that will last not just for 1-2 seasons.

He will step-up because he is the only legitimate low post scorer on the team. Other than that, he will be liability on the defense.

I have hopes for this guy. It's kinda like when Cavs picked Waiters but turned out good. And I think he is also compliment with Al and MKG.

No players are untouchable. But the least tradeable is Kemba and MKG.

Probably a 0.01% chance, if and only if many of the team's star player will be injured.

JimmyMcAdocious 08-14-2013 06:16 PM

--True. On and otherwise questionable decision to sign Al Jefferson, Kemba is an actual starter in this league, MKG basically showed what people thought he would be last season (a very good glue guy), Henderson looks like he will breakout, and I'm a fan of the Zeller pick. That's a solid young core to build around. Now if they could be terrible for one more season and land a high lottery in next year's draft, that core+Wiggins/Parker/etc could actually do serious damage in the playoffs in a few years.

--False. He's a extremely talented black hole. I feel like it was a bad signing for both parties. The Bobcats needed to focus on their core, save their cap space for another player or future extensions, and work on developing their two lottery bigs.

Jefferson reminds me of a less talented Zach Randolph before he ended up at Memphis. People thought the same about Z-Bo, and then suddenly he's doing what he was doing all his career on a winning team and people change their tune. Jefferson needed to go to a contender.

--False. He won't be an all-star, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a starting caliber player- which I believe Zeller is. I actually think he wins ROY, but more in the mold of Mike Miller winning it than the previous ones who seemed like franchise players at the time. For all the shit MJ gets for his picks, his recent selections haven't been too bad for the most part, and how in the hell does Cho not get some of the blame? It's like people know nothing about the Bobcats, except MJ owns it... Oh, wait.

--I think MKG will prove to be the most untouchable asset over the course of this season. Walker is a good player, but there are way too many good PGs out there for him to reach such a status without playing at that elite level. Perhaps Zeller, since good offensive post players aren't exactly easy to find. However, MKG has the best upside on the team and he might be the most impactful, even if his impact comes off the ball.

--True. Only because the East's depth in recent years has been historically weak. There's literally not a single team I can't see not contending for the 8th spot.

embersyc 08-14-2013 07:05 PM

False. They won't be a top 10 East team this season. Maybe next season they can do something with their lottery pick and cap space, but right now they are still circling the drain.

False. Jefferson will likely put up big stats as he has previously in his career, but his numbers are empty. Somebody has to score the points and get the rebounds. It won't result in wins for his team.

Trueish. I don't know if he will be a total bust or not, but I do not see him having a significant impact in this league.

None of the above. Bobcats could have 100% roster turnover next season and nobody would care.

False. The East might finally get a .500 team that misses the playoffs this season... that team won't be Charlotte.

Dr. Cheesesteak 08-14-2013 07:22 PM

dang, i kinda wanna do the older ones. Oh well.
Quote:

1. True. They're team looks nice and they're drafting hard working, fundamental type of players, even if they lack high upside or scoring ability. Good young foundation. Don't know about new HC Clifford, but he's been an assistant on some good teams.

2. False. But not b/c of effort. He'll try to play as if he's a franchise player. But I think Zeller and Kemba do more in the offense than expected.

3. False. But it depends on how you define bust. A while back I think I predicted he was a 10/8 type at best w/ the Bobcats (emphasis on "w/ the Bobcats). But he looked great in Vegas. Is 10/8 a bust for #4? I guess so, but that's solid production out of a big in today's NBA landscape. Now I think Cody Z can be more of a 16/10 type, which is an All-Star for today's bigs. I remember when Cody Z was projected #1 pick a couple drafts ago. He has the skill and fundamentals.

4. I'll say MKG. Guy can be Rodman/Pippen-like in the future. I think he has the most upside in regards to non-scoring contribution and hustle.

5. False. They'll improve for sure. Team looks good. But I don't know if they have enough to compete w/ the cluster of other 2nd tier EC teams - Cavs, Pistons, Wiz, Hawks, Bucks, and Magic (yeah I said it, Magic).

CanYouDigIt 08-14-2013 07:25 PM

WHO

THE FUKC

GIVES

SHYT

ABOUT

THE

BOBCATS!!!!!

bagelred 08-16-2013 11:15 AM

Remember to show the Bobcats some love.