Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who should the Twolves go after at the SF now that AK47 is gone? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305957)

waseem780 06-29-2013 12:58 PM

Who should the Twolves go after at the SF now that AK47 is gone?

They freed up some cap space with Andrei Kirilenko declining his option for a second year , Who's someone that they should go after and try to bring to Minnesota? Or could they move Shabazz to the SF and try to bring in a starting SG like Afflalo through trade now that the magic have Oladipo..? Whats your thoughts of what the Twolves should do?

BlazersDozen 06-29-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Who should the Twolves go after at the SF now that AK47 is gone?

You don't want to start Shabazz.He can only go left & is a black hole. He'd stop the ball movement from Rubio & Love but is a great option as a 6th man when the offense is in a rut.

Rubio2Gasol 06-29-2013 01:16 PM

Budinger or Williams will suffice

waseem780 06-29-2013 07:52 PM

Bump/

B-Easy8 06-29-2013 09:35 PM

Im hoping we re-sign him on a lesser deal but give him a longer contract and use that extra money to re-sign Pek.

If he does leave, I hope we start D-Will at the 3. Then we can re-sign Pek and sign a vet SG who can shoot.

I have been hearing we should sign a SG and move Bazz to the 3. In my opinion he would get torched at the 3 so I really hope we don't do that.

chips93 06-29-2013 11:32 PM

how was williams been as a SF so far?

seems like a good situation for him. he could post up smaller SFs, and not many SFs have the luxury of a shooter of love's calibre at the 4 to space the floor.

B-Easy8 06-30-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
how was williams been as a SF so far?

seems like a good situation for him. he could post up smaller SFs, and not many SFs have the luxury of a shooter of love's calibre at the 4 to space the floor.

He is a solid SF but nothing special. He is a much better 4 in my opinion. He is a good defender though so he can play the 3.

He needs to work on his ball handling ability and to become a more consistent shooter.

COnDEMnED 06-30-2013 03:57 AM

Josh Smith?

Dr. Cheesesteak 06-30-2013 05:01 AM

I guess start Derrick Williams at SF and sign a SG instead? Can they afford JR Smith? Maybe start Muhammad immediately? Not sure what elite SF FAs are out there... Dunleavy? Dorrell Wright? I count JSmooth as a PF... :confusedshrug:

Alan 06-30-2013 09:19 AM

Sad to see AK47 leave. His basketball IQ was excellent and he fitted well with Rubio and Pekovic. Also a solid defender on the wing. Best option would be to start healthy Budinger with Williams.