Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why trade for jrue when u have greivas? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305931)

therammingman 06-29-2013 04:26 AM

why trade for jrue when u have greivas?

??

christian1923 06-29-2013 04:27 AM

Re: why trade for jrue when u have greivas?

Cause Jrue is an all star

therammingman 06-29-2013 04:31 AM

ya but you had noels....

id rather have grevias noels starting then jrue lopez with greivas on bench

alexd 06-29-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therammingman
ya but you had noels....

vasquez has empty stats.jrue legitimate all star caliber
noel = unproven with no offensive game and wooden knees

TMT 06-29-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therammingman
ya but you had noels....

Agreed. You would think the thought of a potential Noel/Davis frontcourt would entice you to keep the guy around. Not to mention theoretically the lotto team who grabbed Noel would really have an advantage in next year's supposed goldmine draft; For all we know Nerlens might miss the entire season. Having another not so hot season would have put the Pelicans in the race for Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker next year and they would have been looking GREAT.

Instead now you are looking like a middle of the road playoff squad, probably pushing for a lower seed. Jrue, Brow, EG, Vasquez seems like a solid core but does anyone else believe that by 2015 the Pelicans could have set themselves up to be a top team in the league if they would have pushed the right buttons the past couple of nights?

I don't get it. :confusedshrug:

bdreason 06-29-2013 04:52 AM

I'm not sure a twin-tower lineup would even work in the modern game with so many teams playing small ball and stretching the court. Spurs had to essentially bench Splitter when the Heat went small, because the rules just make it too difficult to efficiently defend penetration anymore.

justin12140 06-29-2013 04:55 AM

cause their gunna trade him while his stock is high

SpurrDurr 06-29-2013 06:21 AM

They are gonna move Vasquez, he had a solid season but you can't compare him with Holiday.

Holiday is a 23 years old all-star, get it in your head.

cos88 06-29-2013 06:46 AM

who is greivas ?

El Kabong 06-29-2013 07:25 AM

Because he's the type of guy where he's decent enough to be a starter, but you'll always be looking for someone better.

hawkfan 06-29-2013 10:03 AM

The Pels should get some good return for Vazquez. It was his first year as a starter and he improved by leaps and bounds. So for any team, there's a real chance he will continue to get better.

poido123 06-29-2013 10:16 AM

Pelicans building a nice core.

Gordon/Holliday/Davis wow.

Then whatever they get in return for Grievas in a trade(should be something decent) and your starting to look at a team on the rise and possible playoffs berth this year.

Question is, who should they go after?

Johnny Jones 06-29-2013 10:29 AM

Because Greivis is okay offensively and shit on defense. Jrue is good on offense and great on defense.

Plus we're going to trade him while his value is high.

Charlie Sheen 06-29-2013 10:57 AM

The Pels already have Davis. I'm not sure I'd punt another season rolling the dice on Noel. Holliday is a known quantity in the NBA. Right now, in 2013, Greivis and Nerlens aren't enough for me to pass up the opportunity to have Jrue as my starting pg the next 4 years.

ballup 06-29-2013 11:31 AM

Jrue is an upgrade over Vasquez and the Pelicans probably thought that having both Noel and Davis would be redundant.