Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299726)

KyleKong 05-13-2013 02:16 AM

Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Was listening to a Bill Simmons podcast and he talked about how Bill Russell will never work with ESPN because he hates ESPN.

Anyone know why?

:cheers:

OldSkoolball#52 05-13-2013 02:21 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
I'm sure his reasoning isn't any different from the rest of ours :confusedshrug:

tikay0 05-13-2013 02:24 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Because of their overrating of players of today's generation and skipping them over past greats like they're yesterday's trash.

People keep saying Lebron vs. MJ. Shit, Lebron hasn't even passed Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Kareem, Wilt, Magic, Bird yet. They bumped him up to God status while by passing all the past greats.

IncarceratedBob 05-13-2013 02:30 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
The guy is senile as fck.

Probably doesnt know what ESPN even is.

tazb 05-13-2013 02:32 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Probably because he's mad that they label Michael Jordan the G.O.A.T. even though he has 11 rings.

tikay0 05-13-2013 02:34 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tazb
Probably because he's mad that they label Michael Jordan the G.O.A.T. even though he has 11 rings.


MJ/Kareem/Russell/Bird/Magic are the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA.

Lebron will never be on that echelon.

tazb 05-13-2013 02:36 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
MJ/Kareem/Russell/Bird/Magic are the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA.

Lebron will never be on that echelon.


How do you know? We gon' act like LeBron's career is over? :confusedshrug:

IncarceratedBob 05-13-2013 02:38 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Larry Bird/Magic is on the NBA Mt.Rushmore but Kobe isn't?

Explain yourself.

When it's all said and done,

Bryant will be at least a 5x NBA Champ..

Top 2 GUARD of all time.

2nd all time scorer in history.

tikay0 05-13-2013 02:39 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tazb
How do you know? We gon' act like LeBron's career is over? :confusedshrug:


We gonna act like he will. :confusedshrug:

Lebron JOINED a super team in the prime of his career. No player in the history of the NBA has ever done that. I repeat, no player in the history of the NBA has done that.

He kissed his legacy goodbye in 2010. :confusedshrug:

tikay0 05-13-2013 02:39 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
Larry Bird/Magic is on the NBA Mt.Rushmore but Kobe isn't?

Explain yourself.

When it's all said and done,

Bryant will be at least a 5x NBA Champ..

Top 2 GUARD of all time.

2nd all time scorer in history.


My fault, Kobe's invited.

tazb 05-13-2013 02:42 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
We gonna act like he will. :confusedshrug:

Lebron JOINED a super team in the prime of his career. No player in the history of the NBA has ever done that. I repeat, no player in the history of the NBA has done that.

He kissed his legacy goodbye in 2010. :confusedshrug:


Ok..? Can you explain why LeBron had to score more points than Kobe has EVER scored in his 5x post-season run to win the championship? I guess that means Kobe's teams were the Avengers. :confusedshrug:

secund2nun 05-13-2013 02:43 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
No he is not Kobe is overrated.

But anyways Lebron will be a part of that Mount Rushmore. Also Shaq is a part of it along with Duncan.

WayOfWade 05-13-2013 02:45 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
Larry Bird/Magic is on the NBA Mt.Rushmore but Kobe isn't?

Explain yourself.

When it's all said and done,

Bryant will be at least a 5x NBA Champ..

Top 2 GUARD of all time.

2nd all time scorer in history.

That's... Pretty questionable. To many, he's only the 3rd greatest Laker of all-time. His torn Achilles isn't helping at all.

tikay0 05-13-2013 02:45 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tazb
Ok..? Can you explain why LeBron had to score more points than Kobe has EVER scored in his 5x post-season run to win the championship? I guess that means Kobe's teams were the Avengers. :confusedshrug:


Because Lebron loves to pad his stats. :confusedshrug:

IncarceratedBob 05-13-2013 02:47 AM

Re: Why does Bill Russell hate ESPN?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WayOfWade
That's... Pretty questionable. To many, he's only the 3rd greatest Laker of all-time. His torn Achilles isn't helping at all.

Top 10 laker at best

1 magic
2 fisher
3 Kareem
4 Scott
5 ac green
6 slava
7 mihm
8 Douglas Roberts
9 kobe/Jerry west
10 west / Kobe

Kill yourself


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy