Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Rose returns... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299175)

Haymaker 05-08-2013 04:23 PM

If Rose returns...

Would you let him start or bring him off the bench? I would bring him off the bench and limit his minutes to no more than 15. Keep him as a role player until he get his game back.

CHi1PriDe 05-08-2013 04:25 PM

Re: If Rose returns...

In b4 thibs play him 48 mins :facepalm

tikay0 05-08-2013 04:26 PM

Off the bench. If he shows signs of "D. Rose", then start him, but give him the Bogans treatment. Start him the first 5 minutes of each quarter, and give Nate the majority of the minutes.

Sarcastic 05-08-2013 04:29 PM

Start him. You don't lose you your spot to injury.

tikay0 05-08-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic

This is the playoffs. We don't have time for sports cliches. Save that talk for the regular season.

Heavincent 05-08-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Alex Smith begs to differ.

Sarcastic 05-08-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
Alex Smith begs to differ.

If you wanna go there, then use Wally Pipp and Lou Gherig.

The thing is with Alex Smith/Kaepernick or Pipp/Gherig, is that the replacement ended up being better than the hurt player. They didn't get replaced because of injury. They got replaced because the guy behind them was actually a better player.

Derrick Rose's replacement is not better than Derrick Rose.

Shepseskaf 05-08-2013 05:03 PM

Bring him in off the bench for limited minutes. Let him work his way into things.

As far as the "you don't lose your position because of injury" thing, it happens all the time in all areas of life, not just sports. Welcome to the real world.

DMV2 05-08-2013 05:12 PM

Nate will be ready to play, starter or off the bench. He's been doing that all season long behind Hinrich, I'm sure he would have no issues giving Rose the starting gig back.

5 years ago, I would never used the word, "unselfish" to associate with Nate Robinson but he's been that and more the past two seasons.

shady6121 05-08-2013 05:13 PM

If he returns, the NBA will make sure that the Bulls win the series because it will make for a "good story".

Dagouch 05-08-2013 05:14 PM

Hmmmmm.

Clearly In my mind it depends if they win tonight or not. If they Win the not yet. They'll be up 2-0 and in their house. Now if they lose game 3 then definetly do a Willis Reed Moment and have him suit up for game 4 and play for a few minutes in the beginning. The energy will be off the Charts and you can have someone else be the Clyde Frazier dominating the game.

Now if they Lose tonight I think It depends on how game 3 does. Lose game two and three then pretty much forget it and let him rest till next season.

IncarceratedBob 05-08-2013 05:15 PM

Nate Robinson starting over Derrick Rose?

What's next, Wes Johnson starting over Michael Jordan? Get the **** outta here.

Robinson is crap, Rose is MVP.