Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does Serge Ibaka have any post moves at all? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299143)

shady6121 05-08-2013 08:17 AM

Does Serge Ibaka have any post moves at all?

Considering he's one of the few big men for the Thunder, shouldn't he be posting up instead of shooting jump shots?

:biggums:

Trollsmasher 05-08-2013 08:18 AM

Re: Does Serge Ibaka have any post moves at all?

No

andremiller07 05-08-2013 08:20 AM

I knew since day one dude was trash but it's not as easy to see when your being carried. His defense is amazingly overrated to you telling me a so called DPOY candidate needs double and triple teams on his own man.....

Ibaka is on the same level as Biyombo really it's just one plays on a terrible team and the other plays on a really good one.

mjokc 05-08-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
I knew since day one dude was trash but it's not as easy to see when your being carried. His defense is amazingly overrated to you telling me a so called DPOY candidate needs double and triple teams on his own man.....

Ibaka is on the same level as Biyombo really it's just one plays on a terrible team and the other plays on a really good one.

Your hate for Serge Ibaka is palpable, did he **** your wife or something?

andremiller07 05-08-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjokc
Your hate for Serge Ibaka is palpable, did he **** your wife or something?

Nah my hate for scrub bigs who have nothing other than leaping ability and people dick ride throughout the whole season only for time after time for them to be exposed come playoffs/or when not being spoon feed really annoys me.

maybeshewill13 05-08-2013 08:30 AM

Ibaka with that fat **** Perkins are really hurting us this series. Gasol and Z-Bo making them their bitches. **** you Perkins you fat **** ****ing piece of ****ing shit.

klee 05-08-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

I agree that he's a weak DPOY candidate, but Biyombo level? :facepalm There are times where hyperbole is effective, and there are times where it puts your entire argument into question.

mjokc 05-08-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Nah my hate for scrub bigs who have nothing other than leaping ability and people dick ride throughout the whole season only for time after time for them to be exposed come playoffs/or when not being spoon feed really annoys me.

You are either extremely dense or just misinformed, I assume it's the former. Serge Ibaka has struggled in the last couple of games but led the league in blocks and was one of the best jump shooting big men in the league.Once again, he is struggling lately and you are one of the reactionary "what have you done for me lately" kids that don't have an objective bone in their body.If you can't tell the difference between him and Biyombo, then I question your basketball knowledge and knowledge in general for that matter.

mjokc 05-08-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klee
I agree that he's a weak DPOY candidate, but Biyombo level? :facepalm There are times where hyperbole is effective, and there are times where it puts your entire argument into question.

He has an unhealthy deep hatred and obsession for Serge Ibaka which is why I don't take anything he says seriously. He's just some early morning entertainment.

get these NETS 05-08-2013 11:15 AM

Serge is one guy that can and should benefit from training with Olajuwon

similiar athleticism and heights..

Haymaker 05-08-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by get these NETS

Nah, he would be an Otis Thorpe kind of player, at best.

imdaman99 05-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by get these NETS

:roll: he will never be anything similar to olajuwon on offense or defense. he can train as much with him as he likes, he can live with him for 8 years and he would never play anything like him.

ibaka needs to be forced in the gym and nothing but post up practice. its embarrassing when other teams can put 6'5 or 6'6 guys on him and he will still be out on the corners trying to shoot jumpers. battier and harden come to mind :facepalm

brantonli 05-08-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
:roll: he will never be anything similar to olajuwon on offense or defense. he can train as much with him as he likes, he can live with him for 8 years and he would never play anything like him.

ibaka needs to be forced in the gym and nothing but post up practice. its embarrassing when other teams can put 6'5 or 6'6 guys on him and he will still be out on the corners trying to shoot jumpers. battier and harden come to mind :facepalm

The rockets actually hide Harden on Ibaka on defence, Garcia or Delfino would pick up Durant, other guards get Reggie Jackson, and Harden guards Ibaka. That's how much the Rockets disrespected him on offense. Plus, while Ibaka's jumpshot is a useful tool, unless your name is Dirk Nowitzki, your offense shouldn't consist entirely of midrange jumpers.

IncarceratedBob 05-08-2013 11:46 AM

No skills, only athleticism.

AintNoSunshine 05-08-2013 11:46 AM

With all that physical gift, he fell in love with shooting 3's before he learn a post move. This deserves a major :facepalm