Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296901)

knickscity 04-20-2013 12:41 PM

2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

It starts now....

Game 1 kicks off at the Garden, biggest game of the series.

The Knicks MUST win this one, doesn't even matter how.

The Celtics will be ready I'm sure, but I dont see them as a threat....at all.

Knicks should be able to knock them off in 5, at worst 6.

but one game at a time.

knickscity 04-20-2013 05:44 PM

Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

A grind it out win, can't be more pleased, as the team will not see another defense like this.

But the Knicks played some defense of their own, held the Celtics to 25 second half points.

Kidd and K Mart powered the team in with Melo determined to get the win.

15 more to go.....

Clutch 04-20-2013 06:07 PM

Great win. Defense was spectacular in the 2nd half. Not so much in the 1st.

What's concerning is that Tyson looked like complete shit. Luckily we have K-Mart. Also there needs to be more ball movement on offense. Defense won this one for us.

Kidd and K-Mart were great. J.R. and Felton didn't shot well but did other things that helped us to win. Melo was hot,cold and then hot again. Hit some huge baskets.

Interesting game nonetheless. Huge win :bowdown:

knickscity 04-20-2013 06:48 PM

Tyson is hurt, he can say he feels fine, but until i see him move his neck normally, I wont believe him.

Sarcastic 04-20-2013 07:12 PM

Great second half. :applause: Boston just ran out of fire power, and got nothing from their bench. They are not going to be able to hold up for a 7 game series. I think this ends in 5 or 6 at most.

bluechox2 04-20-2013 07:13 PM

1st one in the books, and the best part was seeing pierces face at the end, looked helpless...priceless

franchize 04-21-2013 01:29 AM

We won off of sheer guts and determination. Our execution was poor but we just outfought a very gritty, well coached, determined team.

Shump and Cope. looked overwhelmed by the moment. They played good defense but on offense they looked intimidated.

Melo. forced some shots at first but settled in and hit some clutch baskets down the stretch. He also played excellent defense. 4 stls!

JR. forced some shots but he was very aggressive and seemed to cherish the big stage. He played hard and had some key steals and rebounds at the end.

Kidd.He killed us offensively by passing up and bricking wide open shots. However, I gotta give him his props. Defensively, he was solid down the stretch. He had some nice deflections and steals.

Felton. I thought he'd be the key to the series. He was definitely the key to the game IMO. When we went down, he kept us in the game by attacking a very tough defender in Bradley.

Novak. I just think he's proven once and for all that playoff basketball isn't for him. Playoff quality teams aren't going to let guys like Novak get off. Woody should lessen his minutes and phase him out of the rotation.

KMart....man. Grunwald got lucky. This dude may have saved our season. He had a great game. I think we would have lost without him today. The reason why is included in my assessment of the next player.

Tyson Chandler.........:facepalm I'm so over this dude. Hurt or not, he didn't even give any effort. Guys have bad games all the time but it's another thing to be playing soft and lazy. If you are hurt, just go sit down. It's not like you're helping us anyway. There's always an excuse. Last year it was the "flu". This year, he says he was just rusty. Whatever it is, he absolutely sucked and I'm growing weary of him. We were CLEARLY a better team with Kenyon in the game. It's one thing to miss shots. It's another thing to not play hard and to just let 6'0" guards just come down the lane freely. I'm sorry but I just keep waiting to see this defensively dominant DPOY we supposedly signed. Instead, I see a soft 7'1" guy who averages less blocks than Kevin Durant. Dude needs to man up or sit out. 0 points, 0 FG attempts, 0 blocks and 5 rebounds isn't going to cut it. Especially when you're getting paid 14 mill.

Scoooter 04-21-2013 02:03 AM

Avery Bradley and Jet Terry were also huge for us.

ClutchOver9000 04-21-2013 02:58 AM

I think the Knicks performance offensively speaking came down to 1st game jitters, a little rust from resting, plus great defense by both teams.

Such a gritty grind out game. Can't believe we kept Boston to a single digit 4th qtr. Some of that falls on Boston themselves, they were off in the 2nd half, but the Knicks defense was ridiculously good in the final 5-7 minutes.

We definitely were missing Prigs I thought...

Shout out to K-Mart, I think he should be our featured big man over Tyson, at least for this series. Energetic, aggressive, fiery, making plays defensively...I LOVE IT!!!

But onto the next page, one game at a time...

Clutch 04-21-2013 07:17 AM

THE GOOD:

Melo - He was hot to start and then started to play 1 on 1 too much. He adjusted in the 2nd half and then hit some big shots at the end. 36 points,6 rebounds,4 steals on 45% shooting,overall a pretty good game from him.

J.R. - Didn't shot well but he played hard all game. His defense was solid and he grabbed 5 boards too. Just like Melo he isolated a little bit too much.

Felton - I love this guy. He isn't the best point guard and isn't very efficient but this guy is a warrior. He was 5-13 but had so many huge plays. Hit timely buckets,even crashed the offensive glass and that block on Bradley was sweet.

Jason Kidd - Hit two threes in a row early on to keep us in game. In the 2nd half he was bricking shots but played excellent defense.

Kenyon Martin - He played absolutely amazing. Rebounding the ball,blocking shots and making shots around the rim. If it weren't for him we would have lost the game. K-Mart :bowdown:

Woodson - He actually made some adjustments. Defense was better in the 2nd half,he decided to play K-Mart instead of Tyson which eventually won the game for us. Also the ball was moving more in the 2nd half and Copeland and Novak almost didn't play at all in the 2nd half.

THE BAD:

Tyson Chandler - I know he's hurt but he was a ghost. Players were running layup drills with him protecting the paint. And he was a no show on the glass as well. I don't even want to mention his offense. Luckily K-Mart saved us.

Copeland - Didn't do anything out there.

Novak - Just trade him to a team that loves to run and shoot threes,something like the Rockets or the Warriors. He doesn't even help us in the regular season anymore,not to mention that he's completely useless in the playoffs.

Shumpert - He wasn't as bad as the three players above but I expected more from him.

bluechox2 04-21-2013 01:26 PM

prigs is a better starter for us than cope at this point...he does pass up open shots but teh ball never sticks to him, and hes been taking those shots when needed and been knocking them down recently and his defense is what we need more of along with his passing....keys to game 2

o, and t hat pass he threw to kmart was similar to the one he passed to jeffries

redrich2000 04-22-2013 12:31 AM

I love games like this where the offense is off but we lock it down and grind out the win. Defence will be the key if we get to the ECF not the 3-ball like everyone thinks.

Two questions...
1. Where is Camby at health-wise. If Chandler is playing hurt we should use Camby, he looked good in the few games he was able to play unrestricted.

2. Why did we take so long to sign KMart??? Could be a blessing in disguise though to have a whose fresh.

franchize 04-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
prigs is a better starter for us than cope at this point...he does pass up open shots but teh ball never sticks to him, and hes been taking those shots when needed and been knocking them down recently and his defense is what we need more of along with his passing....keys to game 2

o, and t hat pass he threw to kmart was similar to the one he passed to jeffries

I don't think Prigioni helps in this particular series. I just don't see who he's going to guard. I'm guessing we'll put Felton on Pierce, which I think is a bad idea.

As far as "that pass". Are you referring to that Melo assist? If so, what difference a year makes lol Neither Jared Jeffries nor Tyson Chandler would have caught that ball. It probably would have hit Jeffries in the face.

airchibundo507 04-22-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I don't think Prigioni helps in this particular series. I just don't see who he's going to guard. I'm guessing we'll put Felton on Pierce, which I think is a bad idea.

As far as "that pass". Are you referring to that Melo assist? If so, what difference a year makes lol Neither Jared Jeffries nor Tyson Chandler would have caught that ball. It probably would have hit Jeffries in the face.

lmao

two years, though. I guess the Celtics postseason gameplan doesn't change. Let Melo score in single coverage and when there's a crucial possession, surprise him with a random aggressive double. Good to see Melo will still make that pass to the open guy under the basket.

Prigs starting isn't the most favorable match-up defensively, but consider the advantages on the other end of the court. Prigs is probably our best floor spacer outside of Novak, he will make Pierce have to run to keep up with him and our offense won't be so staggeringly iso-oriented.

Sarcastic 04-22-2013 04:51 PM

Knicks were 15-1 with Prigioni as the starting PG. Nuff said. We need him.

He's also most likely going to be ready for game 2.