Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why are people writing off Derrick Rose because of this injury? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295709)

hateraid 04-09-2013 08:39 PM

Why are people writing off Derrick Rose because of this injury?

I don't see how he's going to regress because of all the time off recovering. I think he may come back even stronger. Look at Sidney Crosby in the NHL. He took more than a full season off and now he back to being the most dominant force in the NHL. Different injury, yes I know, but similar situation.

You'd think coming back too soon would showing regression. I think full 100% recovery will be the case and Rose will be again the top PG in the NBA. Jordan came back from a similar injury to have a HOF career. Had Rose come back mid season I'd see a case, but I think he's doing the right thing

Psycho 04-09-2013 08:58 PM

Re: Why are people writing off Derrick Rose because of this injury?

Checkmate writers. Write this off.

(e) 04-09-2013 09:02 PM

You want a similar situation to Rose? Look at Blake Griffin.

Sat out his whole "rookie" year - came back and looked just as strong and athletic as before.

Rose will be fine as long as he takes care of his body - which is why I'm fine with him taking his time to come back at full strength. I'd rather them be cautious with the franchise player, plus there isn't a whole lot of incentive to bring him back to play meaningless regular season games with an injured team.

Jailblazers7 04-09-2013 09:11 PM

Crosby's was probably worse tbh just because head issues are so hard to gauge and treat. Its probably better that puck broke his jaw this season instead of giving him what could have been an awful concussion.

SamuraiSWISH 04-09-2013 09:13 PM

There should be a class action lawsuit against Adidas poorly designed products.

nathanjizzle 04-09-2013 09:15 PM

it doesnt matter whos writing off rose. when he returns, heads are gonna roll.

The Playmaker 04-09-2013 09:16 PM

Derrick rose not coming back shows more about his mental weakness than it does about his physical one.

we all saw him ***** out when lebron guarded him in the 2011 ecf.

Psycho 04-09-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
it doesnt matter whos writing off rose. when he returns, heads are gonna roll.

:biggums: Dude is injury prone, but I think his head will stay on at least. :no:

livingby3's 04-09-2013 09:35 PM

I'm not writing him off in any way. Neither am i going to hope for anything.
The higher the expectations, the bigger the fall. An example would be the Lakers, i had high hopes, and we all saw what happen.
Rose coming back from torn ACL, we have no idea how it might affect his game, but if i were to guess, he's not going to be the same.

Rose's game rely much on speed, body control, athleticism. Isn't a great playmaker, just good. Doesn't have the best jumper, but i believe he will work on that. I just think it's going to be down to mental, how he changes his game should he not be able to use his body the same, how he is going to keep up against the talented pool of PGs in today's league.

Top 5 is not out of reach, just everything need to go his way. but i don't see Rose getting back into top 3 in his position

D.J. 04-09-2013 09:37 PM

From what I've seen, people aren't writing him off. Bulls fans are pissed off he's still sitting a month after being cleared to play, and everyone else is questioning his mental toughness. That's not writing him off.

nathanjizzle 04-09-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Playmaker
Derrick rose not coming back shows more about his mental weakness than it does about his physical one.

we all saw him ***** out when lebron guarded him in the 2011 ecf.

i dont understand your logic. youre calling derrick rose a ***** for taking crucial shots? even the last one over lebron and dwyane wade :roll:

SilkkTheShocker 04-09-2013 09:52 PM

Rose is ****ing trash

Andrew Wiggins 04-09-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)
You want a similar situation to Rose? Look at Blake Griffin.

Tore his ACL, sat out his whole "rookie" year - came back and looked just as strong and athletic as before.

Rose will be fine as long as he takes care of his body - which is why I'm fine with him taking his time to come back at full strength. I'd rather them be cautious with the franchise player, plus there isn't a whole lot of incentive to bring him back to play meaningless regular season games with an injured team.

Yeah...Griffin's never torn his ACL.

(e) 04-09-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
Yeah...Griffin's never torn his ACL.

Sorry, broken knee cap. He's also gone through some other knee injuries, MCL, torn meniscus ect

Point still stands. Taking a year off to rest/rehab isn't a bad decision, especially when you look at the circumstances the Bulls are in.

Andrew Wiggins 04-09-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)
Sorry, broken knee cap. He's also gone through some other knee injuries, MCL, torn meniscus ect

Point still stands. Taking a year off to rest/rehab isn't a bad decision, especially when you look at the circumstances the Bulls are in.

It'll be close to a year by the time the playoffs start. What circumstances? They're probably a 5 seed and they'll play a beatable Nets team in the first round. If your best player is months past being medically cleared to play, why not suit up? Even if it is in a bench role, any contribution is helpful. I highly doubt the Bulls ownership would be this lenient were Luol Deng or Carlos Boozer in the same situation.