Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295685)

hawkfan 04-09-2013 05:55 PM

What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

At the beginning of the summer, the Hawks were shopping both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, and offered both for Pau Gasol. Williams ending up being shipped to Utah for Harris, while the Hawks never moved Smith.

hawkfan 04-09-2013 05:57 PM

Re: What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

Steve Nash would have really helped out Marvin.

The Playmaker 04-09-2013 06:06 PM

probably about the same since Kobe would still be on the team. kobe is the biggest reason why the lakers are struggling. he is unwilling to defer and he has to win it his way.

kobe's ego has made him for better and for the worse many times in his career, this made him for the worse

TheReal Kendall 04-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Playmaker
probably about the same since Kobe would still be on the team. kobe is the biggest reason why the lakers are struggling. he is unwilling to defer and he has to win it his way.

kobe's ego has made him for better and for the worse many times in his career, this made him for the worse

Exactly! People don't realize Kobe is like a cancer. If the team was Nash, Howard, Smith, Jamison, Williams and Meeks I believe they would be a lot better

Xiao Yao You 04-09-2013 06:13 PM

I don't know but the Jazz's record would be a hell of a lot better if Hayward, Burks, Millsap and Carroll had been getting Marvin Gaye's minutes.

bluechox2 04-09-2013 06:34 PM

11th seed?

RoundMoundOfReb 04-09-2013 06:45 PM

A bit better but people would be saying "imagine how good they would be if they kept Pau"

dh144498 04-09-2013 07:30 PM

The Playmaker and TheReal Kendall same person? :confusedshrug:

KobeMagic 04-09-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Playmaker

Exactly! People don't realize Kobe is like a cancer. If the team was Nash, Howard, Smith, Jamison, Williams and Meeks I believe they would be a lot better

6 for 24 04-09-2013 07:42 PM

Residents of InsideHoops:

I am learning so much here! But this topic confuses me. In this trade, is not Mr. Kobe Bryant still a Los Angeles Laker? If that be the case, the record would be: champion. Much as the planets circulate around the Earth, the basketball world circulates around Kobe Bryant and this is independent of his mates.

When I was 15 I killed my first lion. At this time, as is the ceremony in Mozambique, I was assigned a piss boy to manage my daily mundane tasks. My first servant was a fine, lithe boy by the name of Obi. He worked hard and didn't dare question me, and I grew quite fond of him. But I could tell, staring into his blank eyes, that he did not have the heart of a lion slayer as I, my father before me, and my father's father before him. So when, one day, he fell into our town's primary well while retrieving my daily ration, I did not feel a huge loss. After all, I knew it is not the piss boy that makes the champion.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

PickernRoller 04-09-2013 09:57 PM

Bunch of threads been polluted lately with the new members. I can see multiple alts already...:facepalm

Just what ISH needed.

ThaRegul8r 04-09-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Bunch of threads been polluted lately with the new members. I can see multiple alts already...:facepalm

Just what ISH needed.

A blind man should have been able to see what would happen with the opening of registration.

But, of course, quantity is the only thing that matters around here.

Genaro 04-09-2013 10:06 PM

Let's not forget the main problem the Lakers had this season was injuries. Pau missed himself 33 until now.
So if we're talking about a healthy Josh Smith and a healthy Marvin Williams, then their record would be better.

Micku 04-09-2013 10:15 PM

Well, there are pros and cons to Josh Smith.

He can't shoot, but he can defend and he is better at running up the floor than Gasol.

Sparts Arwell 04-09-2013 10:18 PM

I agree with the posters whove indicated Kobe is likely their biggest obstacle. All that lipservice about how he wants to win so badly just doesnt add up with the facts. They win more when he shoots less, yet most nights he still chucks them right out of the game. He knows the correlation and he doesnt care. He puts himself above the team, the franchise, and the fans to a counterproductive effect. And somehow the latter two love him for it. :confusedshrug: