Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295649)

keep-itreal 04-09-2013 03:50 AM

Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPauWh740gI

6'4' blocking centers like its nothing.

Amazing athlete

plowking 04-09-2013 04:02 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Wade is a good clutch player in terms of field goals, pretty lack luster in the clutch when it comes to free throws, but in terms of making game winning defensive plays? The best ever.

There has never been a player as good as him at the end of the game to make a stop, block, steal, cover, etc. Its actually ridiculous how many times over his career, particularly the last 5 or so years, hes come up with a game winning clutch defensive play. He may not be the best defender ever, but in terms of the last minute or last play, he just may be.

Boomerang 04-09-2013 04:06 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

keep-itreal 04-09-2013 04:11 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.


niqqa please, there were alot of wade blocks in that video that occured before Lebron join the heat.

Those were the seasons when wade was carrying that team all by himself with michael beasley as the teams 2nd best player

I<3NBA 04-09-2013 04:17 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

:no: Wade has been the best shot-blocking guard in the league long before Lebron joined him. i daresay he might be the best shot-blocking guard in NBA history. his defense (when he wants to; because he sometimes loses focus) is amazing.

retaxis 04-09-2013 04:21 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
wade is one of the greatest ever. Defence, scoring, layups, passing, blocks, midrange, steals wade got it all

jcsrplumply 04-09-2013 04:24 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
The guy is the best shot-blocking shooting guard of all time.
And someone in this thread "probably a stan" is crediting Lebron too much.

RoundMoundOfReb 04-09-2013 04:24 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

Man, these new kobe stans and lebron stans are hilarious.

eriX 04-09-2013 04:30 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.


this guy :facepalm

shameless troll, not even funny at all :coleman:

Boomerang 04-09-2013 04:33 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep-itreal
niqqa please, there were alot of wade blocks in that video that occured before Lebron join the heat.

Those were the seasons when wade was carrying that team all by himself with michael beasley as the teams 2nd best player

It's true that Wade is a help defense blocker. He always sneaks up on opponents while another teammate guards them. More credit should be given to his teammates. Someone like Lebron guards one on one and gets the job done, he doesn't just sneak on people with help defense from the blind side.

retaxis 04-09-2013 04:45 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Wade's ability to finish and draw contact at the rim is the same reason he can get blocks despite his size and leeping ability. He is a very smart player and blocks a portion of space where your hand will be (judgement) rather then where your hand is very very well.

SIRI1 04-09-2013 05:01 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
There's a long list of players 6'10 and over that Wade has blocked at the rim. Some multiple time (Poor Brook Lopez)

D-Wade316 04-09-2013 05:07 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I<3NBA
:no: Wade has been the best shot-blocking guard in the league long before Lebron joined him. i daresay he might be the best shot-blocking guard in NBA history. his defense (when he wants to; because he sometimes loses focus) is amazing.

He's the best. Jordan jockers have to deal with it.

AirFederer 04-09-2013 05:13 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by plowking
Wade is a good clutch player in terms of field goals, pretty lack luster in the clutch when it comes to free throws, but in terms of making game winning defensive plays? The best ever.

There has never been a player as good as him at the end of the game to make a stop, block, steal, cover, etc. Its actually ridiculous how many times over his career, particularly the last 5 or so years, hes come up with a game winning clutch defensive play. He may not be the best defender ever, but in terms of the last minute or last play, he just may be.

:applause:

KOBE143 04-09-2013 05:23 AM

Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal
 
He's good but not as great as DikemBE MutomBE..

This were just left handed block highlights.. Just using his off hand to block players like Yao, Duncan, TMac, AK47, JKidd, Durant, Amare, Camby, Ray Allen, CP3, etc.. Again just left hand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMs2nweH5Y enjoy!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy