Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293529)

tomtucker 03-16-2013 03:26 AM

kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ?

Donīt understand players that use basicly running shoes to play pro basketball in..............could "real" basket-shoes, that most players wear, not have prevented that ankle injury.....?

inclinerator 03-16-2013 03:27 AM

Re: kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ?

low tops are so comfortable tho

SyRyanYang 03-16-2013 03:30 AM

much heavier.
Funny story, years ago I had a pair of Lebron IV, so I was wearing them and reading a magazine which has an article saying how they could prevent ankle rolls, later that day I played some basketball and sprain my ankle, big time.

LosBulls 03-16-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
much heavier.
Funny story, years ago I had a pair of Lebron IV, so I was wearing them and reading a magazine which has an article saying how they could prevent ankle rolls, later that day I played some 2k13 and sprain my ankle, big time.

We all know you don't go outside.

I<3NBA 03-16-2013 03:55 AM

nop. even with hi tops, you can still roll your ankle. taping helps minimize the damage but will limit your movement. the best prevention is to strengthen the muscles around the ankles so that when a player rolls their ankle, the ligaments and muscles aren't strained much.

GOBB_Junior 03-16-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inclinerator
low tops are so comfortable tho

I am planning to buy this adidas adizero Derrick Rose 3.5.

Djsonny 03-16-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtucker
Donīt understand players that use basicly running shoes to play pro basketball in..............could "real" basket-shoes, that most players wear, not have prevented that ankle injury.....?

Do you even ball? Go try out the top shoes and let me know how you feel. I have tons of shoes and kobes are my fav to ball in. Its just preference, if you fall on someones foot, you are going to roll it regardless. They arent going to design shoes that dont work

tomtucker 03-16-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
I am planning to buy this adidas adizero Derrick Rose 3.5.

[img]http://wg]

:biggums: ............donīt do it son........

brandonislegend 03-16-2013 04:11 AM

Soccer players use their ankles to move and turn the most and wear low tops, they did a scientific test on this on one of those shoes I think it was myth buster or sports science and proved it didn't matter.

GOBB_Junior 03-16-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

:biggums: ............donīt do it son........

bdreason 03-16-2013 04:26 AM

Kobe VI's are my favorite bball shoes of all time to play in. If an NBA player is worried about their ankles, they can tape them. Wearing high tops won't do shit.

imnew09 03-16-2013 04:40 AM

It could have prevented if Jones wasn't being a jealous jacka$$

tomtucker 03-16-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnew09
It could have prevented if Jones wasn't being a jealous jacka$$

:oldlol: .......that is true............but still........kobe need to call lebron.......have him send over a pair of Lebron 10īs in a purple and gold colorway.......:pimp: ...........

brandonislegend 03-16-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

:oldlol: .......that is true............but still........kobe need to call lebron.......have him send over a pair of Lebron 10īs in a purple and gold colorway.......:pimp: ...........

why would he want to wear those mountain boots?

Burgz V2 03-16-2013 06:59 AM

if you are going to roll your ankle you are going to roll your ankle, especially in that situation