Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293520)

Bucket_Nakedz 03-16-2013 01:15 AM

Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
one of these dudes is unquestionably the greatest white basketball player ever. so tell me, who is better between the two?

DMAVS41 03-16-2013 01:19 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
one of these dudes is unquestionably the greatest white basketball player ever. so tell me, who is better between the two?


Duncan

ProfessorMurder 03-16-2013 01:20 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
I love Duncan but I'd take Bird in a heartbeat.

RoundMoundOfReb 03-16-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I love Duncan but I'd take Bird in a heartbeat.

This.

Bucket_Nakedz 03-16-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
id take bird as well. he had that redneck grit and swag. tim duncan is whiter than wayne brady and bryant gumble combined.

Whoah10115 03-16-2013 01:33 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Duncan



:roll:









:roll:




:kobe:




Tim Duncan is nowhere near Larry Bird. Message boards give too much credence to difference of opinion.

Harison 03-16-2013 02:53 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I love Duncan but I'd take Bird in a heartbeat.


+1. Duncan is more impactfull defensively, but Bird isnt slouch there either. Pretty much everywhere else Bird has a clear advantage. TD is great scorer, Bird is GOAT-like. TD is clutch, Bird is GOAT-like clutch, TD is a good passer, Bird is GOAT-passer in his position, etc.

riseagainst 03-16-2013 03:13 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Bird.... not close .... at all.

necya 03-16-2013 03:15 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
:wtf:

Legends66NBA7 03-16-2013 03:32 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
There needs to be more discussion and in-depth analysis than the cliche "it's not close".

This a question I actually wanted to see more talk about too.

fpliii 03-16-2013 03:40 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
There needs to be more discussion and in-depth analysis than the cliche "it's not close".

This a question I actually wanted to see more talk about too.


It's a very interesting question. I actually have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm really busy for the next week and a half (not that my opinion is particularly important, but I think this is definitely a comparison worthy of discussion). If this thread is still active at that point I'll post my thoughts (perhaps I'll bump it anyway).

Legends66NBA7 03-16-2013 03:45 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fpliii
It's a very interesting question. I actually have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm really busy for the next week and a half (not that my opinion is particularly important, but I think this is definitely a comparison worthy of discussion). If this thread is still active at that point I'll post my thoughts (perhaps I'll bump it anyway).


Sounds good, man.

DMAVS41 03-16-2013 06:10 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
:roll:









:roll:




:kobe:




Tim Duncan is nowhere near Larry Bird. Message boards give too much credence to difference of opinion.


You either didn't watch Bird or haven't paid attention to Duncan to think it's absurd to say Duncan.

I could give you a ton of reasons, but winning 4 titles and winning 50 or more games 14 consecutive years (never been done before...previous high was 12)...all while playing with by far the least amount of help any superstar to win that amount has had...I'll take Duncan.

I can't even imagine what the results would have been like if Duncan had played on teams even close to as talented as Bird's Celtics.

Rysio 03-16-2013 07:24 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
bird easily. bird is a legend he could do anything on the court. only thing duncan can do is play defense the rest of his game is average at best.

Kovach 03-16-2013 07:29 AM

Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I can't even imagine what the results would have been like if Duncan had played on teams even close to as talented as Bird's Celtics.

And I can't imagine what what the results would have been like if Bird had played in a 29-30-team joke of the league with more than 70% pure garbage teams.
This goes both ways.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy