Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why cant kobe play till he's 50? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290678)

Knicksfever2010 02-15-2013 07:31 AM

why cant kobe play till he's 50?

He takes ridiculous care of his body (no homo) and right now his average *26.8 is ACTUALLY higher than career average. I dont see why kobe cant do what grant hill has done (score 12 points a game) as an older player.

Imagine playing in the NBA for 32 years? NICEEEE:biggums:

KOBE143 02-15-2013 07:36 AM

Re: why cant kobe play till he's 50?

Because there's no point playing if you're already the GOAT.. :kobe:

miller-time 02-15-2013 07:37 AM

What you don't see is the recovery time. Trust me, right now guys like Kobe and Garnett aren't jumping out of bed with a spring in their step after game day. The amount of work to maintain and recover their bodies is only going to get harder over the next 5 years. To go another 10 after that will be interminable for them. Kobe isn't going to hobble around his house so he can play another 10 unnecessary and largely unproductive years.

JMT 02-15-2013 11:08 AM

As always, these questions are posed by people who have never been anywhere close to 50 years of age.

It takes far more preparation than it does for a player 20 years younger. Couple that with the fact that it takes far more recovery time from workouts and games and you start to see problem. Physiologically, muscle tissue respomds far differently as you age. And that doesn't even address the psychological difficulty of wanting to prepare and play year after year after year.

BrickingStar 02-15-2013 11:10 AM

HGH at work :bowdown:

strike first 02-15-2013 01:07 PM

kobe stans breaking new barriers of unseen stupidity

Hank 02-15-2013 01:09 PM

Because he totally sucks after the first 30 games of the season when other teams are just figuring themselves out (and when the chucker pumps his stats). Every year he sucks balls in the 2nd half of the year and is done by playoff time..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Shooting-Slump

1/35 :facepalm

DuMa 02-15-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strike first
kobe stans breaking new barriers of unseen stupidity

pretty sure they have done this before. its nothing new.

gengiskhan 02-15-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
He takes ridiculous care of his body (no homo) and right now his average *26.8 is ACTUALLY higher than career average. I dont see why kobe cant do what grant hill has done (score 12 points a game) as an older player.

Imagine playing in the NBA for 32 years? NICEEEE:biggums:

Kobe at age 34 is in all reality 20 ppg player.

Kobe-centric shotjocking offense is what led LAL to 25-29 record.

He is finished as main scoring option 2 yrs ago. He just shot jocked his way to 26.8 ppg with 24 FGA average. & finally, this is dropping fast.

Kobe should not attempt more than 13 FGA if LAL has legit chance to win any game.

so real kobe ave at age 34 is more like 17-18 PPG which is still pretty good as 1b option or 2nd option.

Hank 02-15-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Kobe at age 34 is in all reality 20 ppg player.

Kobe-centric shotjocking offense is what led LAL to 25-29 record.

He is finished as main scoring option 2 yrs ago. He just shot jocked his way to 26.8 ppg with 24 FGA average. & finally, this is dropping fast.

Kobe should not attempt more than 13 FGA if LAL has legit chance to win any game.

so real kobe ave at age 34 is more like 17-18 PPG which is still pretty good as 1b option or 2nd option.

Kobe system = Losing system

He doesn't have the best combined frontcourt in the league to save his sorry ass anymore.

This is the REAL Kobe the stringbean Bryant:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Shooting-Slump

He's absolutely confused. Because he is incapable of putting up good points on good % consistently while passing the ball and playing an all around game. He isn't and never was the all around player Wade or Lebron are.

talkingconch 02-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank
Kobe system = losing system

He doesn't have the best combined frontcourt in the league to save his sorry ass anymore.

At least he didnt chase after two established all stars, 1 with a ring already, to chase a shortened season ring. :confusedshrug:

alleykat 02-15-2013 03:11 PM

Naw.....if I was Kobe I wouldn't want to fade into nobody....he is still playing good so end on a high note...dude shud do wut he wants to: go retire and live overseas in Italy or somewhere in Europe...must be a nice life

Quizno 02-15-2013 03:23 PM

sometimes i honestly wonder if heat fans are all around 13-15 years old and never saw a prime kobe play :oldlol:

gengiskhan 02-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleykat
Naw.....if I was Kobe I wouldn't want to fade into nobody....he is still playing good so end on a high note...dude shud do wut he wants to: go retire and live overseas in Italy or somewhere in Europe...must be a nice life

If I was Kobe. I will announce that @ age 35 2013-2014 season will be his "Last Dance"

He should call that retirement at age 35 in the summer of 2014.

18 seasons @ 25 ppg ave with 5 rings & 2 FMVP is all-time great.

Things Kobe should desperately avoid..

-sign for vet min with MIA or OKC & try to win 6th & 7th ring with LBJ or Durant winning FMVP.

-sign a 2 yrs contract extention to see if he can play til 37 & try & win 6th ring & complete 2 decades of pro-career.

Instead, Kobe should go to Europe & play for italy & win rings there while he still can.

Being a man & winning is more important than playing behind wade, LBJ, durant & COLLECTING rings.

gengiskhan 02-15-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingconch
At least he didnt chase after two established all stars, 1 with a ring already, to chase a shortened season ring. :confusedshrug:

Instead, he became Last most dominant LAL center's kid brother & COLLECTED first 3 rings as bonus gifts.

this is even worse. Young Kobe was SHAQ's "little beitch" :coleman: