Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which duo would you rather have? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289709)

gin17 02-05-2013 08:09 AM

Which duo would you rather have?

If you were a GM, who would you rather have in your team?

a) Jordan+Pippen
b) Lebron+Shaq
c) Bird+Magic
d) Chamberlain+Dirk
e) Garnett+Duncan
f) Hakeem+Kobe
g) Barkley+Robinson

(and also, you can rank these duos from who you think is best to worst)

arifgokcen 02-05-2013 08:17 AM

Re: Which duo would you rather have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gin17
If you were a GM, who would you rather have in your team?

a) Jordan+Pippen
b) Lebron+Shaq
c) Bird+Magic
d) Chamberlain+Dirk
e) Garnett+Duncan
f) Hakeem+Kobe

Easy shaq+lebron.Two of the most dominating forces in modern era(except jordan).In terms of physicality one is the most dominant wing player ever other is the most dominant post player ever in modern era
Their ability to overwhelm opponents with shear size and strength and athleticism would be impossible to stop even for jordan+pippen (rest of the squad are assumed to be roughly equal)

dannysc305 02-05-2013 08:17 AM

Bron + Shaq the most physically dominant on that list, hard not to go with #teamwade'ssidekicks

SilkkTheShocker 02-05-2013 08:23 AM

Shaq-Lebron

That team would rarely play in any game that wasn't a blowout.

BigTicket 02-05-2013 08:54 AM

I'll go with the proven winner, Jordan and Pippen. We know they won 6 times, all the others are just speculation.

As for the Shaq + Lebron combo, I'm not sure this would actually work that great. Problem is that Shaq clogs up the middle, which would make it harder for Lebron to get to the rim.
I'd rather have a combo the spreads the floor more, like Wilt and Dirk or Kobe and Hakeem.

Jyap9675 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Uncle drew and Uncle Wes for me..

Rubio2Gasol 02-05-2013 09:10 AM

Hakeem and Kobe would be ridiculous. Both have anything you could possibly want and they compliment each other so well. They have a similar work ethic and would elevate each others game. Both play the game instinctively which is important.

Garnett + Duncan as well. The problem there is they play similar positions - on defense it's be a nightmare but they'd have to make sacrifices on offense. You need a guard to get them the ball as well.

Chamberlin + Dirk - they played so far apart you can never really know. Seems a great fit...but again it's difficult.

Magic + Bird - Same as Duncan/Garnett. Would play great ball together but you need a big man for spacing.

Shaq and Lebron. Don't fit particularly well.

D-Wade316 02-05-2013 09:16 AM

Garnett + Duncan

SacJB Shady 02-05-2013 09:29 AM

Jordan could beat both Lebron and Shaq

kshutts1 02-05-2013 10:18 AM

I will also go with the proven winners in Jordan and Pippen. All other duos are just speculation.

That being said, Kobe and Hakeem would be amazing with the inside/outside combo, and both playing being phenomenal on both ends of the floor.

Magic and Bird together is the only pairing of two top 5 players of all time, so that obviously deserves some mention.

As a few other posters have already mentioned, Shaq and Lebron is physically dominating, but would they work well together? If they were surrounded by marksmen, then yeah... it would work really well. Also, I think their personalities would mesh pretty well, for whatever that matters.

Sarcastic 02-05-2013 10:21 AM

I'll take my chances with Jordan + the dentist with the neat sky hook from my rec league.

KOBE143 02-05-2013 11:33 AM

LOL at people choosing Shaq and LeBron.. :facepalm

We already seen what happened when Shaq and Bron team up.. 2nd round exit at best..

BTW I'll go with Hakeem and Kobe.. Unlike the other duo in the list, both dont have weakness.. Perfect player for their respective position..

LEFT4DEAD 02-05-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOBE143

We already seen what happened when Shaq and Bron team up.. 2nd round exit at best..

BTW I'll go with Hakeem and Kobe.. Unlike the other duo in the list, both dont have weakness.. Perfect player for their respective position..

:coleman:
Not sure if mentally retarded.

b0bab0i 02-05-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOBE143

Shaq was already past his prime and washed up.

KOBE143 02-05-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
:coleman:
Not sure if mentally retarded.

Dude you're the one who's retarded here..

You dont remember LeBron and Shaq in Cleveland? :facepalm