Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can the Nuggets win a Ring this Year without an All Star? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289704)

SacJB Shady 02-05-2013 04:09 AM

Can the Nuggets win a Ring this Year without an All Star?

THey had no all star this year but are ranked an astonishing 4th in the NBA rankings. If they are in fact elite they can be the team that all are sleeping on. Wouldn't that be funny if the champs had no all star?

Clutch 02-05-2013 04:17 AM

Re: Can the Nuggets win a Ring this Year without an All Star?

I doubt it.

Warriors are winning it all despite having just one all-star and he's a reserve.
That's also a big accomplishment.

bluechox2 02-05-2013 04:26 AM

doubt it

maybeshewill13 02-05-2013 04:31 AM

Highly doubt it.

poido123 02-05-2013 04:32 AM

While guys like McGee are kept in the doghouse, and Karl is running the team, they will likely be a disorganised mess until a trade and coach firing happens. NOt that I disagree with Mcgee being held back, but they have too much depth and not enough star power in the starting lineup. Just too deep.

andremiller07 02-05-2013 04:33 AM

I doubt they could win it but they have quiet a few guys who are All-Star level players so them not making the team, means nothing in reality. Even if one of them made the ASG it would have no impact on if they could win or not.

Sharmer 02-05-2013 06:35 AM

might upset one of the contenders, but don't see them winning it all.

NugzFan 02-05-2013 11:37 AM

Stupid thread. Unless you are the spurs, clippers, heat, or thunder you aren't winning a title with 0,1 or 2 all stars.

TylerOO 02-05-2013 11:51 AM

People are saying doubt it, like there is actually a chance. No, there is ZERO percent chance Nuggets win the championship

NuggetsFan 02-05-2013 12:19 PM

If the Denver Nuggets win the championship it would probably be the greatest feat in NBA history. People like to mention the Pistons but they had one of the greatest defenders of all time in Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace was a player in Portland. Not to mention guy's like Billups and Hamilton were more proven than any single of the Nuggets players.

Nuggets have some fringe All-Star players. Maybe even a guy or two who when at their best is a legit All-Star talent. They are not a championship basketball team, even if they are playing there best basketball they are a team that can make the 2nd round and pray for an upset that takes them to the conference finals. That itself, is extremely unlikely. Right now I say you hope you catch Memphis or Golden State and get home court and win a playoff series.

It's the NBA there's like 5 teams with a legit shot at the title, if that. I just don't think a team like Denver could win the title. It would be too much of a cinderella sports movie type run. Only way possible would be if Gallo, Ty or like McGee just broke out completely in the playoffs and had people going like holy shit.

It'd be awesome to see, not only because I'm a Nuggets fan. Could you imagine the money the NBA would lose out on? People tuning in to see a team play, not an individual. Maybe it would change the NBA a little bit too, proving you don't need superstars to win a ring. In terms of impact on the rest of the league, a team like the Denver Nuggets winning the championship might have to be up there, Indiana too. It would have to change the landscape a little bit.

TheFastOne 02-05-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharmer
might upset one of the contenders, but don't see them winning it all.

This. Think the Memphis team who beat the Spurs.

KOBE143 02-05-2013 12:24 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

That equivalent of Bobcats making the Playoff..

JohnnySic 02-05-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
It'd be awesome to see, not only because I'm a Nuggets fan. Could you imagine the money the NBA would lose out on? People tuning in to see a team play, not an individual. Maybe it would change the NBA a little bit too, proving you don't need superstars to win a ring. In terms of impact on the rest of the league, a team like the Denver Nuggets winning the championship might have to be up there, Indiana too. It would have to change the landscape a little bit.

Denver vs Indiana would be a great finals, and quite possibly the death of David Stern.

I think Denver could win it all if everything breaks right for them. But its highly unlikely.

Droid101 02-05-2013 12:28 PM