Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   (regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289674)

Levity 02-04-2013 07:46 PM

(regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first

https://twitter.com/Powell2daPeople/...72080641871872

"Told Kevin Garnett will not waive no trade unless Pierce is dealt, and then only to LA. Lives in Malibu."

in your opinion, does this make a complete blow up of the celtics, sans rondo and company, more or less likely?

Doctor Rivers 02-04-2013 07:48 PM

Re: (regarding LA trade) Garnett will not agree to trade unless Pierce is traded, as well

such a legit source

Levity 02-04-2013 07:49 PM

Re: (regarding LA trade) Garnett will not agree to trade unless Pierce is traded, as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
such a legit source

feel free to not believe a single ounce of it.

Droid101 02-04-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
https://twitter.com/Powell2daPeople/...72080641871872

"Told Kevin Garnett will not waive no trade unless Pierce is dealt, and then only to LA. Lives in Malibu."

in your opinion, does this make a complete blow up of the celtics, sans rondo and company, more or less likely?

Dwight, Earl Clark, Jordan Hill for Garnett and Pierce.

Get it done Mitch.

Derka 02-04-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101
Dwight, Earl Clark, Jordan Hill for Garnett and Pierce.

Get it done Mitch.

That's a funny joke.

Droid101 02-04-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derka
That's a funny joke.

LULSEC and Caron + Bledsoe isn't?

Rondo + Dwight is a top seed in the east next season, be realistic. Dwight feasts in the East.

Derka 02-04-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

LULSEC and Caron + Bledsoe isn't?

Rondo + Dwight is a top seed in the east next season, be realistic. Dwight feasts in the East.

The Clipper's trade was made up, as I initially suspected from the get-go.

Dwight doesn't re-sign in Boston and you know that. So again, its a funny joke.

Droid101 02-04-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Dwight doesn't re-sign in Boston and you know that. So again, its a funny joke.

Dwight re-signs with whatever team he's on, fact.

No way is a dude with a bad back not taking that extra year of job security.

Derka 02-04-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Dwight re-signs with whatever team he's on, fact.

No way is a dude with a bad back not taking that extra year of job security.

I think he's re-signing with LA for exactly that reason. If LA deals him AND he re-signs, I'll be truly shocked. Not impossible, but pretty unlikely.

Meanwhile, if Dwight did agree to re-sign...Rondo/Avery/Green/Sully/Howard works for me.

Levity 02-04-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

I think he's re-signing with LA for exactly that reason. If LA deals him AND he re-signs, I'll be truly shocked. Not impossible, but pretty unlikely.

Meanwhile, if Dwight did agree to re-sign...Rondo/Avery/Green/Sully/Howard works for me.

the outside shooting in the starting line up would be atrocious, but the defense would be absolutely fantastic.

Derka 02-04-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
the outside shooting in the starting line up would be atrocious, but the defense would be absolutely fantastic.

A team that big should be attacking the rim without mercy in the first place.

I don't think I'd be able to stomach Dwight and Rondo's free throw shooting.

BlackWhiteGreen 02-04-2013 08:21 PM

Re: (regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first

I just don't know that there's a team available to take the salary of Pierce, and even then I don't like what the Clippers have to offer. No way do we deal either to the Lakers unless it's an amazing deal.

Real Men Wear Green 02-04-2013 08:37 PM

Re: (regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first

Players don't negotiate no-trade clauses for fun. KG wants to be here. Ainge can't even engage other teams in talks for fear of pissing him off. Garnett has all the power.

Pierce and KG for Howard makes some sense for all parties involved: Pierce and KG get to play for a team that on paper looks great, Howard gets to be the featured star if that's what he wants (at this point, who knows what he wants?) and long-term gets to play with a point guard that will feed him all day. Celtics at best have two All-Stars for another 5 years and at worst clear a lot of cap space to rebuild. Lastly LA has a two year window to win a ring (of course that should be the case right now if Howard stays). Only worry is how Pierce handles being a second or third scoring option, and he's a mature guy that probably could deal with it fine.

But no one can convince me that KG is sure to waive his clause. Pierce has no clause and would just have to accept it or retire. Otherwise he could also be a problem. Because those guys pretty much bleed Green, have since they got those rings. And they take the Laker rivalry seriously. Unlike Ray Allenwho for whatever reasons had no issue signing with an enemy they arenm't ring chasers. If they wanted to be Lakers they could have left as FAs and been Lakers. But they wanted and want to be Celtics. So don't expect this deal to happen unless the Cs start doing some serious losing.

And even then I doubt LA deals Howard without getting some young talent.

Grey Dawn 02-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Players don't negotiate no-trade clauses for fun. KG wants to be here. Ainge can't even engage other teams in talks for fear of pissing him off. Garnett has all the power.

Pierce and KG for Howard makes some sense for all parties involved: Pierce and KG get to play for a team that on paper looks great, Howard gets to be the featured star if that's what he wants (at this point, who knows what he wants?) and long-term gets to play with a point guard that will feed him all day. Celtics at best have two All-Stars for another 5 years and at worst clear a lot of cap space to rebuild. Lastly LA has a two year window to win a ring (of course that should be the case right now if Howard stays). Only worry is how Pierce handles being a second or third scoring option, and he's a mature guy that probably could deal with it fine.

But no one can convince me that KG is sure to waive his clause. Pierce has no clause and would just have to accept it or retire. Otherwise he could also be a problem. Because those guys pretty much bleed Green, have since they got those rings. And they take the Laker rivalry seriously. Unlike Ray Allenwho for whatever reasons had no issue signing with an enemy they arenm't ring chasers. If they wanted to be Lakers they could have left as FAs and been Lakers. But they wanted and want to be Celtics. So don't expect this deal to happen unless the Cs start doing some serious losing.

And even then I doubt LA deals Howard without getting some young talent.

Ummm, Garnett sooooo is a ring chaser, his going to Boston was a ring chaser move in the first place

Real Men Wear Green 02-04-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Ummm, Garnett sooooo is a ring chaser, his going to Boston was a ring chaser move in the first place

What are you talking about? Not only was he traded here, he initially resisted the trade. Do some research.