Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Keith Smart has to be fired!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289574)

andremiller07 02-03-2013 07:13 AM

Keith Smart has to be fired!!!

Keith Smart seems like a really nice guy (he actually is) and says all the right things and has been put in a tough position with a roster with limited talent. I don't like it when people loss there jobs but hes been paid well for doing a pathetic job at best.

Its pretty clear no one is buying into what hes doing for various reasons the first and most obvious one is that whatever hes doing its not working.

a). Hes lost the players completely, the defense is pathetic (his strong suit) the offensive structure is below that of a good high-school team, we have two plays iso Evans and iso Cousins (at the top of the key not in the post) and the least player movement of the ball I have ever seen in my life. He managed to make a decent rebounding team into one of the worse in the NBA.

b). His rotations, hes came out and said after the midway point of the season that he was trying to make "everyone happy" with the rotations, nice guy right? But the problem with that is hes not giving our "good players" enough time (Tyreke in particular), hes consistantly using 11-13 man rotations including the likes of Travis Outlaw and honestly thats just not going to get it done. There is not another coach in the L that uses so many players in particular useless ones if he had any sense he would do what Portland does and thats run your starters into the ground and use 1-2 bench players.

c). The use of players and who is on the court playing together is just pathetic as well. The team badly needs for ethier Evans or Cousins to be out on the floor AT ALL TIMES instead he subs both off for extended periods which normally results in us going from leading or being close to getting humiliated in a matter of mins. Jimmer is NOT a PG and he needs Evans or Cousins out there to create for him and take pressure of same goes for Thornton. Every game the Kings start of super in the first court than he subs ALL 5 starters and subs in 5 bench guys and we loss all momentum and never regain it.

This is a guy who last off-season told DMC to practice his 3-point shot :facepalm

There is zero chemistry or desire the NYK were up by 50 on us today, Denver raped us to the point of no return and Boston had a picnic those types of losses are just embarrasing.

I understand the organisation is going through tough periods but they have to look somewhat to the future (incase they keep the team) and two things have to happend, the coach has to go there's no doubt and trades have to be made.

9512 02-03-2013 07:18 AM

Re: Keith Smart has to be fired!!!

His middle name should be "Notso"

iDunk 02-03-2013 07:41 AM

Your GM should be fired, this is the worst constructed roster I've seen in a while. Not enough basketballs for this team & they're all dumb as a brick. Seattle can't even save this team.

andremiller07 02-03-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunk
Your GM should be fired, this is the worst constructed roster I've seen in a while. Not enough basketballs for this team & they're all dumb as a brick. Seattle can't even save this team.

Hes retiring and he didn't have much input into the team really the Maloofs had a lot of say as well.

imdaman99 02-03-2013 08:22 AM

they need to get a veteran stud whos worn out his welcome on another team. can't think of anyone right now, since it's early. i remember when you guys got webber, it was instant credibility. my fav non-knick of all time :pimp: and of course vlade, and bjax and then some draft picks started developing. sick team.

iDunk 02-03-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Hes retiring and he didn't have much input into the team really the Maloofs had a lot of say as well.

WTF

Faberg 02-03-2013 10:59 AM

Keith Smart is a lame duck on a lame duck franchise. Team has no direction as a result. No moves are going to be made until the relocation is official.

Clutch 02-03-2013 11:12 AM

It's tough to blame the coach when the team is filled with low IQ,bad attitude chuckers.

Just trade everyone except 2-3 guys and get some players who know how to play team ball.

andremiller07 02-03-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
It's tough to blame the coach when the team is filled with low IQ,bad attitude chuckers.

Just trade everyone except 2-3 guys and get some players who know how to play team ball.

Other than DMC who has you seen has a bad attitude? I agree about the low IQ but the guy is very a bad coach I'm not saying we would be world beaters with a good coach but man its hard when the coach has a lower IQ than most the players.

Clutch 02-03-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Other than DMC who has you seen has a bad attitude? I agree about the low IQ but the guy is very a bad coach I'm not saying we would be world beaters with a good coach but man its hard when the coach has a lower IQ than most the players.

Maybe not bad attitude as "I'm going to complain all the time" but bad attitude as "I'm going to get my numbers and that's more important than team success".

They just don't look like a team. It's not like they don't have any talent because they do. It's just that they are using that talent to play for themselves,not for the team.

You can have one or two selfish guys on the team because they will make that up in talent. But if almost no one on the team doesn't care about playing team ball then you have a serious problem.

I would keep Cousins and trade almost everyone for some players who can compliment him well and who know how to play team ball.

DStebb716 02-03-2013 12:01 PM

They'll wait until a sale is finalized before any moves are made. If they move the team to Seattle, they'll likely fire everybody and build it themselves entirely with a flavor of Seattle in there (Nate McMillan maybe?).

Burgz V2 02-03-2013 12:45 PM

really impossible to tell if it's his fault. this team is the classic mismanaged franchise, lottery pick after lottery pick they've wasted, stupid trade after stupid trade they've made. just look at that team. there isn't another team with a worse mix of talent in the league.

Purch 02-03-2013 12:48 PM

There will be no changes, until the ownership is decided

StroShow4 02-03-2013 01:11 PM

What's the point in firing another coach? Jesus Christ of Nazareth could not help the Sacramento Kings.

33teeth 02-03-2013 03:51 PM

I don't disagree with anything said in this thread so far.

Nothing will be settled until new ownership is in place (next season for coach), but it's clear the players aren't listening to Smart anymore and he is not good. It's basically impossible to be a Kings fan right now.

Average number of games for each starting lineup he's put in place: 2.7. That wouldn't work on any team let alone one filled with young guys trying to establish themselves.

No discipline.

Just. Terrible.