Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tyreke Evans quietly having his best season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289241)

Reverend Hoops 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

Tyreke Evans quietly having his best season

47% FG
37% 3PT FG
:applause:

G-train 01-30-2013 10:10 PM

Re: Tyreke Evans quietly having his best season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
47% FG
37% 3PT FG
:applause:

I wouldn't analyse a player based on 2 statistical categories.

kNicKz 01-30-2013 10:15 PM

This season so far:

14.8 ppg

3.1 apg

4.8 rpg

Career

17.8 ppg

5.0 apg

4.9 rpg

His efficiency is up but his production is down and his team is taking a shit load of L's....playing less minutes too

andremiller07 01-30-2013 10:17 PM

He actually is, his defense has been top notch as well, its just the Kings don't run the offense enough through him, had he not been hurt for a long time he would have been even better. The dude does not get the ball enough nor does he get the mins he should and hes not a quitter ethier which I respect. By the end of the season he will have been the Kings best player (not saying much) if he keeps this up.

Hes also moving off the ball extremely well but the Kings just don't know how to use him.

kNicKz 01-30-2013 10:20 PM

Watching the Kings, i feel like evans has little impact on the game, even when his stats look good.

andremiller07 01-30-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNicKz
Watching the Kings, i feel like evans has little impact on the game, even when his stats look good.

Nah hes got a massive impact when they actually get him the ball and on defense he has shut down numerous players while he has been on them. Before he got hurt for the 2nd time this year we were running the offense through him and he carried us to a couple wins over I think the Jazz and someone else. Teams a mess atm, they really need to decide if they are going to build around one or both of Evans/Cousins and figure out if ethier even wants to be in Sacramento.

The offensive sets that coach runs are borderline retarted

kNicKz 01-30-2013 10:25 PM

His jumper is suspect, but is getting there. His defense is A+

TylerOO 01-30-2013 10:26 PM

His rookie season is and will always be his best.

How many players have had their best season their rookie year? Injuries aside.

Whoah10115 01-30-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
He actually is, his defense has been top notch as well, its just the Kings don't run the offense enough through him, had he not been hurt for a long time he would have been even better. The dude does not get the ball enough nor does he get the mins he should and hes not a quitter ethier which I respect. By the end of the season he will have been the Kings best player (not saying much) if he keeps this up.

Hes also moving off the ball extremely well but the Kings just don't know how to use him.

Do you think that he would work on the Pistons, playing with Brandon Knight?

andremiller07 01-30-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Do you think that he would work on the Pistons, playing with Brandon Knight?

Knight is the SG now ain't he with Caulderon there now? He would help improve the Pistons defense and transition ability no doubt. I'm not sure how the Knight situation is going to work with Jose there but Tyreke can most certainly help any team that doesn't need shooting.

plowking 01-30-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerOO
His rookie season is and will always be his best.

How many players have had their best season their rookie year? Injuries aside.

Ralph Sampson, Laphonso Ellis, Ron Harper, etc

Whoah10115 01-30-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Knight is the SG now ain't he with Caulderon there now? He would help improve the Pistons defense and transition ability no doubt. I'm not sure how the Knight situation is going to work with Jose there but Tyreke can most certainly help any team that doesn't need shooting.

Calderon isn't going to stay past this season. If they wanted to sign a player to the contract that Calderon is going to get, they would have kept Prince.

Knight at the 1 and Evans at the 2 sounds pretty good to me.

andremiller07 01-30-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Calderon isn't going to stay past this season. If they wanted to sign a player to the contract that Calderon is going to get, they would have kept Prince.

Knight at the 1 and Evans at the 2 sounds pretty good to me.

Sound amazing to me 2 shooters Singler/Knight, a playmaking big man in Monroe and that beast Drummound and do it all Tyreke in there. But are the Pistons going to wait till the off-season to try get him cause I can't see the Kings really giving him up at this point in particular with how Cousins last 4 games have gone.

Pistons going to be good regardless but they built a super core group

Whoah10115 01-30-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Sound amazing to me 2 shooters Singler/Knight, a playmaking big man in Monroe and that beast Drummound and do it all Tyreke in there. But are the Pistons going to wait till the off-season to try get him cause I can't see the Kings really giving him up at this point in particular with how Cousins last 4 games have gone.

Pistons going to be good regardless but they built a super core group

I can't see what they could offer you...had they not just traded Prince, maybe he could have brought some veteran leadership (probably not), but what else do they have? A draft pick? That's the last thing you guys need.

Probably just offer him a contract in the Summer.

andremiller07 02-02-2013 06:39 AM

29 points , 4 boards, 4 assists 2 steals and 11/18 easily the best on the floor vs the 76ers today in the 3rd game this year I think he played over 40mins. He tore Evan Turner to pieces on both ends,but shame the rest of the Kings didn't show up. I think the Kings should look to resign him asap they just need to surround him with shooters who can actually play defense and have decent IQ's.

Imo the Kings will/are at there most successful when Tyreke is the number #1 option hes far more consisant than Cousins and him being the #1 option forces Cousins to go battle for offensive rebounds like he should and get easy putbucks. Cousins is a better #2 option than Evans as well since he doesn't need the ball if hes down low pinning people and fighting for boards which is a major strenght. It also takes a lot of pressure of Cuz and gives him a bit less freedom which are benefical in the long run and makes his use more of his other skills not just simply spotting up.