Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sudden Kobe Stan Praise for New Mentality ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289197)

Money 23 01-30-2013 05:16 PM

Sudden Kobe Stan Praise for New Mentality ?

I love Kobe stans praising how he's currently playing (as their winning) when just prior to that they said he was playing perfectly and didn't need to change his approach (selfish, scoring agenda, losing, etc)

He needed to play like this all season given the components on the roster, the types of players and weapons he had at his disposal. If he played like this the whole season, the objective Kobe fans like myself, who said he needed to play like this to elevate his teammates games and enthusiasm would be rewarded with actual MVP caliber play and a winning ball club.

He's not as great a facilitator as James, but Kobe's best seasons from a winning and team perspective, he wasn't trying to gun for a scoring title. 2001, and 2008 being the ideal way I think he should've played his entire career.

eliteballer 01-30-2013 05:19 PM

Re: Sudden Kobe Stan Praise for New Mentality ?

You're an idiot.

Nash was out in the beginning, Howard hasn't been 100%, Gasol's been out and D'Antoni has been running a different system the whole season. We needed his scoring before.

3LiftHeatCurse 01-30-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
I love Kobe stans praising how he's currently playing (as their winning) when just prior to that they said he was playing perfectly and didn't need to change his approach (selfish, scoring agenda, losing, etc)

He needed to play like this all season given the components on the roster, the types of players and weapons he had at his disposal. If he played like this the whole season, the objective Kobe fans like myself, who said he needed to play like this to elevate his teammates games and enthusiasm would be rewarded with actual MVP caliber play and a winning ball club.

He's not as great a facilitator as James, but Kobe's best seasons from a winning and team perspective, he wasn't trying to gun for a scoring title. 2001, and 2008 being the ideal way I think he should've played his entire career.

Money 23 just laying truth bombs.

9erempiree 01-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliteballer
You're an idiot.

Nash was out in the beginning, Howard hasn't been 100%, Gasol's been out and D'Antoni has been running a different system the whole season. We needed his scoring before.

He doesn't watch Lakers game and know nothing of what he speaks.

DonDadda59 01-30-2013 05:30 PM

It's actually pretty hilarious to watch. The 'haters' spent the entire season saying that if Kobe stopped chucking and got his superstar HOF teammates involved in the offense, then they wouldn't be a lottery team on the verge of arguably the most disappointing season ever. But all the stans said in response was 'derrr, kobe da best, he da gawd, it's everybody else fault'. Then when he does what he should've been doing from the jump, now he's a better facilitator than Lebron. The way they're gloating now, you'd think the Lakers had just won the championship and not simply moved to 5 games under .500

You can't make this shit up :oldlol:

Money 23 01-30-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliteballer
You're an idiot.

No, you just don't have a clue about organized team ball. I can tell you've never played. So, I will coach you. But first remove the Mamba shaped dildo from your mouth.

Proving my point, without those guys he needed to boost the enthusiasm offensively and defensively of the young role players.

I can tell quite clearly you've never played ball. When you have a shot jacking, selfish ball hog on your team, and no one touches the ball and all the teammates know he's going to hoist up shots ... it kills effort of the team on defense and offense.

You get them quality touches, and shots by creating for them (which Kobe has proven he can do at an elite level) and you get teammates motivated. Be a talent and a great player and create for others who are less basketball fortunate.

It's pretty simple, and it's why they're winning now. Quite dominantly too. It's not a coincidence. Kobe was being selfish, and un-trustworthy. Thus, being a terrible leader, and why his brief 30-5-5 on 47% was hollow numbers not leading to wins.

THIS Kobe is actually a quality player. This Kobe in the last three games has been MVP quality.

That's the truth from an OBJECTIVE fan of Kobe, who knew he was playing the wrong way all season. I told you so ...

Heavincent 01-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The 'haters' spent the entire season saying that if Kobe stopped chucking and got his superstar HOF teammates involved in the offense

Kobe is the only true superstar on the Lakers :confusedshrug:

The "HOF teammates" thing is just a buzz line. Nothing more. It doesn't really matter when none of those "HOF" teammates are actually playing like HOF's.

In fact, Kobe is the only guy on the Lakers worthy of being in the all star game.

longtime lurker 01-30-2013 05:37 PM

LOL 2 coaches, 2 different systems, tons of injuries to key players and integrating new players into the lineup. I swear OP was one of the posters saying that Kobe wasn't the problem and he was playing efficiently even when the team was losing. :lol the team needed time to find out what works surprisingly they were playing .500 ball without Nash and Kobe was running the offense. You could have started a thread that Gasol should have been benched from the beginning of the season and it would be just as relevant.

TheBigVeto 01-30-2013 07:57 PM

qrich 01-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
It's actually pretty hilarious to watch. The 'haters' spent the entire season saying that if Kobe stopped chucking and got his superstar HOF teammates involved in the offense, then they wouldn't be a lottery team on the verge of arguably the most disappointing season ever. But all the stans said in response was 'derrr, kobe da best, he da gawd, it's everybody else fault'. Then when he does what he should've been doing from the jump, now he's a better facilitator than Lebron. The way they're gloating now, you'd think the Lakers had just won the championship and not simply moved to 5 games under .500

You can't make this shit up :oldlol:

:bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar 01-30-2013 08:13 PM

Lol kobe won 5 rings with his shooting mentality, Lebron was barely gifted 1 as a facilitator. Its just fun to watch kobe being able to play any role and be the best at it. :bowdown:

#kobesystem

Graviton 01-30-2013 08:19 PM

Godbe forgives you for your mistrust and doubt, if you repent he will accept you into his kingdom.

RRR3 01-30-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Lol kobe won 5 rings with his shooting mentality, Lebron was barely gifted 1 as a facilitator. Its just fun to watch kobe being able to play any role and be the best at it. :bowdown:

#kobesystem

LeBron led the playoffs in PPG last year. :confusedshrug:

wakencdukest 01-30-2013 08:22 PM

I prefer an unselfish Kobe. A Kobe who can facilitate but still go off when needed. With this team, that's all we need. Can't entirely blame him for the post Shaq years-pre Gasol years when he played with absolute shit.

red1 01-30-2013 08:27 PM

this unselfish kobe is clearly a better player