Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nets 7-game winning streak ends in Atlanta (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287578)

insidehoops 01-17-2013 03:18 AM

Nets 7-game winning streak ends in Atlanta

It wasn’t a happy homecoming for Joe Johnson.

Playing for the first time in the arena where he blossomed into a six-time All-Star over the past seven years, Johnson and the Nets were given a rude welcome by the Hawks, who ran them out of Philips Arena from the start and handed the Nets a 109-95 loss that snapped their seven-game winning streak to open the new year.

“My main goal was to come in here and get a win,” said Johnson, who finished with 15 points on 4-for-15 shooting in 41 minutes. “It [hurts], because it seemed like from the start we just weren’t really into it tonight.”

-- NY Post

Kiddlovesnets 01-17-2013 03:48 AM

Re: Nets 7-game winning streak ends in Atlanta

What a horrible game, frustrating end to the winning streak, I fear our losing streak begins now...
:facepalm

gigantes 01-17-2013 04:14 AM

it's the fault of this thread.

if this thread hadn't have been created, the game would have retroactively been won by the nets. regardless, no such reminder of a nets loss would have made us feel better, in any case.

do you see what happens, ISH? do you see what happens when you attempt to bend the laws of reality?

now good day, sir! and i hope you're happy! :facepalm

It's A VC3!!! 01-17-2013 10:12 AM

Losing by 14 to Atlanta without Josh Smith still haunts me ever so slightly. A win tomorrow will fix that but I am still going to harp on our defense. The Nets are giving up the third worst opponent field goal percentage in the league at 0.463%. It trouble me to sound so negative but allowing near 50% opposition shooting is just not acceptable. We have a great mix of veterans on our team. How in the world can they not understand scouting reports and defensive assignments?

And this is the fourth time that the Nets have been down by 25 in a game this season. Once to Miami, Spurs, Bucks, and now the Hawks. The Nets can't let winning against shit teams mask their problems and say "everything is ok". A team of our talent should not be down by 25 so often.

Like kiddlovesnets said, I feel that our losing streak will begin very shortly and knock us out of the playoff seeding.

nothinbutnet 01-17-2013 03:05 PM

I was worried with this stretch of games coming up. I thought they'd have enough in the tank to beat a Smith-less Hawks team.

MTing 01-17-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Losing by 14 to Atlanta without Josh Smith still haunts me ever so slightly. A win tomorrow will fix that but I am still going to harp on our defense. The Nets are giving up the third worst opponent field goal percentage in the league at 0.463%. It trouble me to sound so negative but allowing near 50% opposition shooting is just not acceptable. We have a great mix of veterans on our team. How in the world can they not understand scouting reports and defensive assignments?

And this is the fourth time that the Nets have been down by 25 in a game this season. Once to Miami, Spurs, Bucks, and now the Hawks. The Nets can't let winning against shit teams mask their problems and say "everything is ok". A team of our talent should not be down by 25 so often.

Like kiddlovesnets said, I feel that our losing streak will begin very shortly and knock us out of the playoff seeding.

I don't think we'll get knocked out but we might slip a few spots down. We don't have anything to worry about IMO. I blame last nights loss on the back to back we had. Deron and Joe both played 40+ minutes in the Raptors game and 35 and 41 minutes respectively last night. You could see in their shooting that they were tired. I expect a win tomorrow at home. I feel like Joe really wanted this win, I see him coming out with a vengeance.