Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284184)

Colbertnation64 12-12-2012 08:44 PM

Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...5,print.column

Howard will be a free agent at the end of this season. I ask him if he knows now where he will be playing next year, and he says, "I know."
I suggest that means the Lakers because he could not know of any other opportunity at this time. But I still make a pitch for the Clippers, figuring he might want to play for the best team in town.
He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.
He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?"

oh the horror 12-12-2012 08:47 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
He says that now, but you never know with this man.


However, I believe he'll stay in LA. I think he knows, while this season thus far is a disaster, that LA IS committed to landing the players needed to win big.



Say what you want about the Lakers, but you dont win as many titles as they have by accident. They make the moves they have to in order to stay on top.

outbreak 12-12-2012 08:48 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Saying "I know" does not mean the lakers. If he knew for sure it was the lakers he would come out and say the lakers and get fans more on his side. Dwight saying "I know" with no details seems like he's just buying time and still thinking or considering another location that he originally wanted when he was leaving orlando. This is dwight your dealing with. He can flat out state things in interviews (which he didn't even do here) and then say the complete opposite in a week. Nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken as what he will actually do. Personally I think he stays in LA but don't read too far into anything he says until he actually signs

Phenith 12-12-2012 08:49 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
The guy craves attention, if he didn't have to play basketball to get the coverage he does he probably wouldn't. Now that he's lived LA life I can't see him wanting to relocate.

Spaulding 12-12-2012 08:51 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Brooklyn

oh the horror 12-12-2012 08:52 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaulding
Brooklyn




How would they swing that now? BK tied their own shoes with some seriously unfortunate contracts....unless someone else can shed some light on that?

DuMa 12-12-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
yeah like Orlando didnt get the same 'i know'

9erempiree 12-12-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Can't really trust that fool or at least I don't.

Mr. Incredible 12-12-2012 08:57 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
The Diva can't be trusted.

oh the horror 12-12-2012 08:57 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Can't really trust that fool or at least I don't.




No one does. Dude is a grade A flake.

Colbertnation64 12-12-2012 09:00 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by outbreak
Saying "I know" does not mean the lakers. If he knew for sure it was the lakers he would come out and say the lakers and get fans more on his side. Dwight saying "I know" with no details seems like he's just buying time and still thinking or considering another location that he originally wanted when he was leaving orlando. This is dwight your dealing with. He can flat out state things in interviews (which he didn't even do here) and then say the complete opposite in a week. Nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken as what he will actually do. Personally I think he stays in LA but don't read too far into anything he says until he actually signs

"He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.
He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?""

how does that suggest anything other than LA?

gigantes 12-12-2012 09:00 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh the horror
How would they swing that now? BK tied their own shoes with some seriously unfortunate contracts....unless someone else can shed some light on that?

AFAIK only way to do it is via trade. getting rid of joe johnson's contract would be super-nice, but probably a deep fantasy.

no way we can sign him as a FA unless something like a bunch of dampier DUST chips appear from out of nowhere....

outbreak 12-12-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
On another note I would love to have the NBA institute IQ tests during the draft. The NFL has something similar doesn't it? I'd love to see some players IQ's

Zodiac 12-12-2012 09:02 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
He knows he'll be wearing that throwback Red and Yellow next year.

oh the horror 12-12-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
AFAIK only way to do it is via trade. getting rid of joe johnson's contract would be super-nice, but probably a deep fantasy.

no way we can sign him as a FA unless something like a bunch of dampier DUST chips appear from out of nowhere....




I support BK in that I was born in Crown Heights, but my god....why oh why did they take on Joe Johnson's contract? That will cripple this team for awhile.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy