Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283814)

Chamberlain 12-09-2012 02:31 PM

Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Quote:

Theres been a lot of dialogue, a lot of discussion, he said. Its constant evaluation of what were doing and how were doing it and why were doing it.

Colangelo defended the talent level of his team.

I dont believe this is a talent issue, he said. I think its a lack of focus, attention to detail, consistency of competing. Weve shown flashes of very good basketball, just not good enough to pull out games when we need to pull them out.

Via Doug Smith/Toronto S

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Embarassin g

"It's not my fault, it's the players fault."

Zan Tabak 12-09-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
I think the management of the team is more embarrassing.

DJMason 12-09-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
I love how the supposed mental issues of the team despite all its "talent" (and I use that term loosely) are never BC's fault, as if it's not a GM's job to evaluate players both physically and mentally as well as in terms of overall team chemistry.

What a joke.

Chamberlain 12-09-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
He says it's not a lack of talent, just a lack of focus. Yet, we've had essentially the same core for the past couple years, with the same results. :confusedshrug:

Qwyjibo 12-09-2012 06:10 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 



"We just need more spacing and focus!"

bokes15 12-09-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
The only embarrassing thing here is his continual deflection of blame year after year. Making a good team is more than just getting talent and throwing them on the court together. You have to factor in personalities, intensity levels, complimenting skillsets, toughness, man there's so many intangibles that this guy just seems to lack knowledge on. It embarrasses me as a fan, to have a guy who has no clue what he's doing sitting there year after year taking no blame for his actions and not receiving ANY HEAT from the higher ups. Somethings gotta give. As Q said in some other thread I completely echo his sentiments. If we re-sign BC at the end of the season, i'm done with the Raptors until we get somebody new.

RaininThrees 12-09-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
The only embarrassing thing here is his continual deflection of blame year after year. Making a good team is more than just getting talent and throwing them on the court together. You have to factor in personalities, intensity levels, complimenting skillsets, toughness, man there's so many intangibles that this guy just seems to lack knowledge on. It embarrasses me as a fan, to have a guy who has no clue what he's doing sitting there year after year taking no blame for his actions and not receiving ANY HEAT from the higher ups. Somethings gotta give. As Q said in some other thread I completely echo his sentiments. If we re-sign BC at the end of the season, i'm done with the Raptors until we get somebody new.


There's no way that MLSE resigns BC if this season continues on the same path... is there?

I think the absolute worst thing that's happening this year is that JV and Ross are being "shown how to be pros" in this league by a bunch of guys who quit night after night.

bokes15 12-10-2012 01:05 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
So I just looked up the provisions for the 2013 draft pick we gave up for Lowry. It's double protected. It's top 3 protected on our end. And it's protected on their end if it drops out of the lottery (which won't happen). In 2013-14 it's top 2 protected, and in 2014-15 it's top 1 protected, 2016+ it's unprotected.

Chamberlain 12-10-2012 01:25 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Two situations that would please me:

1. Top 3 pick this year, Andrew Wiggins next year, lose pick the year after.

2. Lose pick this year, stay terrible, Andrew Wiggins next year, another top 3 pick the year after.

If we keep our pick this year and then lose out on Wiggins, I'll be a sad panda.

bokes15 12-10-2012 01:53 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
I can see us winning just enough to give up our pick or the lottery balls not dropping our way. Either way, why I thought that was interesting is that I was wondering with Lowry only being guaranteed for this year (and possibly next year if we re-sign him) was it really worth it to acquire him?

Chamberlain 12-10-2012 02:41 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Wow, yeah, never looked at it that way.

If Lowry bolts, this is an absolute fleece-job by Daryl Morey.

bokes15 12-10-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Wow, yeah, never looked at it that way.

If Lowry bolts, this is an absolute fleece-job by Daryl Morey.

We almost have a variation of a Bynum situation on our hands. :oldlol: Granted, Lowry is playing for us and he's doing really well... But on the other hand, Lowry wasn't happy in Houston and management wasn't happy with him either. And they only had to deal with him for another year, he could've walked for nothing. So they kind of made out like bandits either way to get a high lottery pick for him in the 11th hour.

Himan12 12-11-2012 12:52 AM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
This is the situation I feared the most. In the coming years the raptors will continue sucking, lowry will most likely end up bolting and its just a matter of time before stern works his magic and raptors end up losing that pick at the worst possible moment.


OT: BC is just a moron.

Skywalker 12-11-2012 09:31 AM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Keep digging.

Bcogswell 12-11-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Colangelo Says Raptors' Play is "Embarrassing"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Two situations that would please me:

1. Top 3 pick this year, Andrew Wiggins next year, lose pick the year after.

2. Lose pick this year, stay terrible, Andrew Wiggins next year, another top 3 pick the year after.

If we keep our pick this year and then lose out on Wiggins, I'll be a sad panda.


Only thing that sucks is that if we do keep our pick this year, its only protected top 2 and if we make the playoffs. So basically we are more likely going to lose it next year when we desperately need Wiggins. :rant


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy