Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lopez out vs. Warriors, maybe longer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283510)

niko 12-06-2012 11:47 AM

Lopez out vs. Warriors, maybe longer

Source: Various on Twitter

Sunday looks iffy too.

It's A VC3!!! 12-06-2012 04:08 PM

Re: Lopez out vs. Warriors, maybe longer

Get out of here niko. :oldlol:

And as I stated in the thread I made about Brook's foot. The Nets lied to us again. They said he would be out two games due to a foot sprain. He has been out for two weeks but he probably won't be ready until next week. We can't afford for him to miss any more games. Our defense is SHIT without Lopez.
Wow, I thought I would never say that but Lopez is a really good defensive player.

niko 12-06-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Get out of here niko. :oldlol:

And as I stated in the thread I made about Brook's foot. The Nets lied to us again. They said he would be out two games due to a foot sprain. He has been out for two weeks but he probably won't be ready until next week. We can't afford for him to miss any more games. Our defense is SHIT without Lopez.
Wow, I thought I would never say that but Lopez is a really good defensive player.

I wore black while i typed this and yelled GO BIGGIE GO BIGGIE and waved my hands in the air back and forth so it's all good.

I don't think Lopez is a good defensive player (although he hasn't been awful). I think him playing allows everyone to be in the proper place in the rotation. Evans can do Evans role, Blatche can do his role, Nets don't need to play small so often. The small ball against OKC and Miami made for a faster pace, and worse defense, even when the role players came in.

It's A VC3!!! 12-06-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I wore black while i typed this and yelled GO BIGGIE GO BIGGIE and waved my hands in the air back and forth so it's all good.

I don't think Lopez is a good defensive player (although he hasn't been awful). I think him playing allows everyone to be in the proper place in the rotation. Evans can do Evans role, Blatche can do his role, Nets don't need to play small so often. The small ball against OKC and Miami made for a faster pace, and worse defense, even when the role players came in.

Well you can argue against opinions but the numbers tell a different story. The Nets are giving up almost 102 PPG without Lopez verses 91 with him. He he averaging 3 blocks a game verses Blatches 1 bpg as a starter. People don't consider him a defensive force and he's not because he's not athletic, and doesn't appear that way ( discrimination, yes) but he is a very much improved defensive player and when he gets back the nets will go back to allowing 90 ppg.

Kiddlovesnets 12-06-2012 06:25 PM

So it happens again, hopefully he aint out for season.
:facepalm

gigantes 12-06-2012 07:11 PM

He already went through a light workout today and will probably play on Sunday. What's with all the panic lately? Geez...

Kiddlovesnets 12-07-2012 10:41 PM

Looks like the loss of Brook Lopez haunted us again, but still we should've beaten the shitty warriors by 10+ with or without Lopez...
:facepalm

niko 12-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
He already went through a light workout today and will probably play on Sunday. What's with all the panic lately? Geez...

Because last time he got hurt the Nets lied about his injury as to not say it was stress related.

He is definitely out tomorrow and iffy for Tuesday.

gigantes 12-08-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Because last time he got hurt the Nets lied about his injury as to not say it was stress related.

He is definitely out tomorrow and iffy for Tuesday.

while i appreciate your efforts to be a catty trouble-maker as usual, i'm not worried about it. lopez did an agility workout today and said he's pain-free. the nets already said that they'd rather err on the side of caution in bringing him back, and i'm 100% cool with that.

i don't remember the exact circumstances of the injury last season, but it's not uncommon for injuries to be initially diagnosed as less severe than ultimately found to be. same with recovery periods. doesn't mean anybody "lied." AFAIK the nets org has been 100% class since prokhy bought it, and was a very classy org for years even before that...

niko 12-08-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

while i appreciate your efforts to be a catty trouble-maker as usual, i'm not worried about it. lopez did an agility workout today and said he's pain-free. the nets already said that they'd rather err on the side of caution in bringing him back, and i'm 100% cool with that.

i don't remember the exact circumstances of the injury last season, but it's not uncommon for injuries to be initially diagnosed as less severe than ultimately found to be. same with recovery periods. doesn't mean anybody "lied." AFAIK the nets org has been 100% class since prokhy bought it, and was a very classy org for years even before that...

They lied about the injury last year. Period. got caught by wojo and then said they made a mistake. The net fans on this board have outright said the Nets were lying when they said two days.

I see no difference in questioning this as I question my own team. You think Prokorov is above reproach? Serious? Prokorov?

gigantes 12-08-2012 05:06 PM

so fans and woj got riled up over something that may or may not be true. big whoop. that's what fans and woj do. i follow the body of national writers and nets writers, including the most cynical of them, and do not recall anyone else making a case for the nets lying about lopez. show me the money.

next you're going to see something in a meme and try to get others upset over a 'troubling new trend'.

and it's prokhorov. and i've criticized the nets plenty over the years if you had actually been reading.

niko 12-08-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

so fans and woj got riled up over something that may or may not be true. big whoop. that's what fans and woj do. i follow the body of national writers and nets writers, including the most cynical of them, and do not recall anyone else making a case for the nets lying about lopez. show me the money.

next you're going to see something in a meme and try to get others upset over a 'troubling new trend'.

and it's prokhorov. and i've criticized the nets plenty over the years if you had actually been reading.

i don't know every opinion you have on the nets abut they lied 100% last year on the Lopez injury. That's just factual. He had a sprain in his foot, they x-rayed his foot and released to the press that he had a sprained ankle. They had knowledge of his foot injury 2 weeks prior and announced it only when it was outed. That's what happened. They were hoping it was not serious and would not need to disclose he had a second stress related injury.

And I'm a VC3 posted elsewhere when the nets said 2 games "they are lying, just like they lied last year". KiddlovesNets basically said "sure he is out only 2 games".

I have three teams i cheer for, and 2 of them regularly give bullshit injury info out. The Nets giving it out is not a troubling new trend, it's normal.

gigantes 12-08-2012 11:14 PM

take my last post and just repeat it to yourself.

i asked you for factual info and you double up the hearsay on me. nobody of any significant standing believes the nets lied about lopez, so you're left to pull your usual act-- trying to stir shit up in a totally disingenuous, mock-important manner.

i especially love how, in the midst of your chronically lame attempts to create dissension in other team forums, you try to pass yourself off as someone who's actually light-hearted, cheerful and innocently curious. funny how pretty much everyone around here realises what a fraud your little act is other than you yourself...

Kiddlovesnets 12-09-2012 06:39 PM

Down 7 at the first quarter against Bucks at home, looks like another loss for us. Now my real concern is when Avery Johnson gets fired, losing 4-5 streak even without Brook Lopez is unacceptable.
:rolleyes:

niko 12-09-2012 10:18 PM

Lopez iffy vs. Knicks. I'll leave the commentary to the Nets fans.