Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Celtics are just taking it easy for now (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282500)

The Redemption 11-26-2012 12:03 AM

Celtics are just taking it easy for now

Once Pierce and KG decide to turn it on they are winning the championship. This roster is better than any recent Celtics team and the older guys are just coasting a bit until they need to punch the Heat in the mouth like usual. Heat and Knicks fans need to be prepared for the beat down.

CelticBaller 11-26-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Celtics are just taking it easy for now

If that's their mentality then I hope they get the 8th seed and get knocked out of the playoffs by the Heat or Knicks

Boo Celtics, boo coasting

kaybee 11-26-2012 12:14 AM

I doubt it... The Celtics don't want to get so deep in a hole that it's hard to crawl out of. I'm sure they realize, considering last season and the season before, that every game matters. Dropping games to teams like the Pistons can turn out to be critical in the long run. They aren't just coasting. They're building. I thought it was obvious. They're still gelling and their new pieces are still settling into their new roles. I do think they'll be fine in the long run, but they aren't just being conservative. They have genuine kinks that will hopefully and likely iron themselves out as time goes by.

The Redemption 11-26-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaybee
I doubt it... The Celtics don't want to get so deep in a hole that it's hard to crawl out of. I'm sure they realize, considering last season and the season before, that every game matters. Dropping games to teams like the Pistons can turn out to be critical in the long run. They aren't just coasting. They're building. I thought it was obvious. They're still gelling and their new pieces are still settling into their new roles. I do think they'll be fine in the long run, but they aren't just being conservative. They have genuine kinks that will hopefully and likely iron themselves out as time goes by.

Celtics let the Pistons win tho. They felt sorry for the lickins them dudes was taking this season.

DuMa 11-26-2012 12:21 AM

IMHO Doc is resting KG too much. Bass/Sully/Wilcox cant hold it down when he leaves the court.

kaybee 11-26-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Redemption
Celtics let the Pistons win tho. They felt sorry for the lickins them dudes was taking this season.

I genuinely think they were just tired. It was obvious. It was their 6th game in 7 nights and the second game of a back-to-back.

Mr. Incredible 11-26-2012 12:24 AM

If that is their mentality, I hope they play Miami in the 1st round....:pimp:

chazzy 11-26-2012 12:26 AM

OP is Clippersfan

kaybee 11-26-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
IMHO Doc is resting KG too much. Bass/Sully/Wilcox cant hold it down when he leaves the court.

I don't think KG needs to play anymore than like 30-32 mpg. Right now he's averaging 28.6. So yeah, he can stand to play a couple of more minutes, but the last thing we need is KG being exhausted. He turns into a completely different player.

My beef with Doc was him not playing Darko enough and trying to play too much small ball among other things. This is like the first season he's been slightly pissing me off with some of his decisions.

KG215 11-26-2012 12:28 AM

Why the hell couldn't they have taken it easy on Friday night, then? Paul Pierce turned the clock back 5 years and their bench went nuts.

Heavincent 11-26-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Why the hell couldn't they have taken it easy on Friday night, then? Paul Pierce turned the clock back 5 years and their bench went nuts.

They get up for big games against great teams. I watch a lot of Celtics games (live on the East coast), and this is the way they've been for years. They play down to their competition.

BlackVVaves 11-26-2012 12:33 AM

LoL @ the Celtics punching Miami in the mouth.

The Celtics lack Miami's greatest weaknesses - formidable bigs that rebound and defend, and outside shooting.

Clippersfan86 11-26-2012 12:35 AM

Okay Chazzy.... if there is one thing I've never done on ISH it's be a pretender. I've taken so much trolling, personal attacks and had a ridiculous post count throughout so I wouldn't take the time to create alts. Besides this dude posted a lot of stuff within a minute of my posts in other threads tonight. You honestly think I'm the type to hide behind an alt and jump from account to account when I've shared so much personal shit here?

DuMa 11-26-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaybee
I don't think KG needs to play anymore than like 30-32 mpg. Right now he's averaging 28.6. So yeah, he can stand to play a couple of more minutes, but the last thing we need is KG being exhausted. He turns into a completely different player.

My beef with Doc was him not playing Darko enough and trying to play too much small ball among other things. This is like the first season he's been slightly pissing me off with some of his decisions.

Doc is still playing KG in 5 minute bursts, right? that shit isnt gonna fly soon.

kaybee 11-26-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
They get up for big games against great teams. I watch a lot of Celtics games (live on the East coast), and this is the way they've been for years. They play down to their competition.

It pisses me off. It happens when they're blowing teams out and allow them to climb their way back in games and sometimes they just say eff it and don't even bother to show up for some games. In many ways I think that's the reason why some people don't respect them. How can you go from getting blown out by the Pistons to blowing out one of the best teams in the league 2 games later? It's hard to gauge a team who doesn't win games they're supposed to win.

Speaking of games, why does it seem like there are less televised games this year? The TV schedule has sucked so far.