Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trade Idea Por/LAc (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282496)

Rekindled 11-25-2012 11:22 PM

Trade Idea Por/LAc

Blake Griffin+Caron Butler+Lamar Odom+Eric Bledsoe+ first round pick 2013+2015

for

Lamarcus Aldridge+Nicolas Batum+Wes Matthews

Clippers:

Jordan/Hollins/Turiaf
Aldridge/sign Kmart back
Batum/Barnes/Hill
Matthews/Crawford
Paul/Billups

Blazers:
Leonard/Freeland
Griffin/Hickson
Odom/Babbit
Bledsoe/Barton
Lillard/Price

Clippersfan86 11-25-2012 11:31 PM

Re: Trade Idea Por/LAc

:lol

SourPatchKids 11-25-2012 11:37 PM

EoJ 11-26-2012 12:02 AM

Clippers would be favorites to win the 'ship.

andremiller07 11-26-2012 12:02 AM

Nah Portland don't need Bledsoe they got Lillard, Lamarcus has had a crap start but hes every bit as good as Blake and Batum is 10 times the player Caron is at this point in time, Wes is good and Lamar has reached bum status. Trade doesn't make sense for Portland imo.

Rekindled 11-26-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Nah Portland don't need Bledsoe they got Lillard, Lamarcus has had a crap start but hes every bit as good as Blake and Batum is 10 times the player Caron is at this point in time, Wes is good and Lamar has reached bum status. Trade doesn't make sense for Portland imo.

how about just tweak it to

Aldridge+Batum for

Griffin+Odom+Bledsoe+2 first round picks

andremiller07 11-26-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
how about just tweak it to

Aldridge+Batum for

Griffin+Odom+Bledsoe+2 first round picks

I can't see how thats any better + those pick would probs be in the high teens late 20's

irondarts 11-26-2012 12:06 AM

Blazers get pounded like an old rug in this deal.

Clippersfan86 11-26-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07

Aldridge has never been better than Griffin which is funny considering Griffin's only played 2 seasons and Aldridge has played 5 or 6. Aldridge may be more refined but Griffin's all around impact and production is superior. What's scary is Aldridge is in his prime, Griffin is nowhere near it.

I think you guys make trade threads and simply factor in raw talent rather than thinking like a GM. Griffin is younger, has more upside and is already better. Not to mention he's locked up for 6 years. Bledsoe at his small contract and with his upside is more valuable than 13 mill a year Batum. Only aspect Clippers win in this trade is Batum for Odom+Butler+2 1st rounders.

TexasBloodMoney 11-26-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
Blake Griffin+Caron Butler+Lamar Odom+Eric Bledsoe+ first round pick 2013+2015

for

Lamarcus Aldridge+Nicolas Batum+Wes Matthews

Clippers:

Jordan/Hollins/Turiaf
Aldridge/sign Kmart back
Batum/Barnes/Hill
Matthews/Crawford
Paul/Billups

Blazers:
Leonard/Freeland
Griffin/Hickson
Odom/Babbit
Bledsoe/Barton
Lillard/Price

Ewwwww......

I want no part of Blake Griffin or Odom (even though his contract is expiring). I love Bledsoe but the Blazers already have Lillard, who at the moment is the better player.

Wes > Butler

LMA is on a great contract considering he's one of the best PFs in the league (I don't care where you rank him, 11 million a year is a good deal). Batum makes around the same but so far this year he's averaging around 20 a game with good D. So I'm glad he's working out.
And the 2 picks would be in the late twenties, so they're not that enticing.

So...........F that trade.

I like the pieces in place. They just need to put together a decent bench next year.

Clippersfan86 11-26-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
Ewwwww......

I want no part of Blake Griffin or Odom (even though his contract is expiring). I love Bledsoe but the Blazers already have Lillard, who at the moment is the better player.

Wes > Butler

LMA is on a great contract considering he's one of the best PFs in the league (I don't care where you rank him, 11 million a year is a good deal). Batum makes around the same but so far this year he's averaging around 20 a game with good D. So I'm glad he's working out.
And the 2 picks would be in the late twenties, so they're not that enticing.

So...........F that trade.

I like the pieces in place. They just need to put together a decent bench next year.

Aldridge only makes 11 a year? I thought he made like 14-15... in that case I agree Portland loses on this deal a bit. Although Griffin could become a top 3-5 player in his prime, something Aldridge won't touch.

brandonislegend 11-26-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Aldridge only makes 11 a year? I thought he made like 14-15... in that case I agree Portland loses on this deal a bit. Although Griffin could become a top 3-5 player in his prime, something Aldridge won't touch.

:roll: