Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kevin Love summary.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282477)

tikay0 11-25-2012 07:36 PM

Kevin Love summary....
 
Can someone write me up a good summary of why Kevin Love is a "non impact" player, using stats and analysis. I need CONCRETE stats as well.

supe12sta12z 11-25-2012 07:39 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
He needs to be on a strong defensive team to mask up his deficiencies.

tikay0 11-25-2012 07:40 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
He needs to be on a strong defensive team to mask up his deficiencies.


What if that defensive team would have to give up an arm and a leg to get him.

FreezingTsmoove 11-25-2012 07:50 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
He's very inefficient. I mean when your under .500 % every game and you take the ammount of shots he takes thats basically giving up 10, 15 free possessions every game to the opposing team. Also and then when your not a good defender at all that allows scores on those missed shots you gave up.

Lets look at his past 3 games

6-20
6-15
12-25


Thats 36 missed shots

At the free throw line he missed 12 shots

Now lets get into TO which he has 6 and fouls which he has 8

Now when we add this up all together he has 48 missed shots 8 fouls and 6 turnovers with below average defense

I also question his ability to get the best out of his teammates. I have not liked what I have seen from Kevin Love

FreezingTsmoove 11-25-2012 07:51 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Basically the good he does is negated by the much worse mistakes he makes (which is more than the good) which is the reason why this Wolves team cant pull of wins with him as the star

tikay0 11-25-2012 08:00 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
He's very inefficient. I mean when your under .500 % every game and you take the ammount of shots he takes thats basically giving up 10, 15 free possessions every game to the opposing team. Also and then when your not a good defender at all that allows scores on those missed shots you gave up.

Lets look at his past 3 games

6-20
6-15
12-25


Thats 36 missed shots

At the free throw line he missed 12 shots

Now lets get into TO which he has 6 and fouls which he has 8

Now when we add this up all together he has 48 missed shots 8 fouls and 6 turnovers with below average defense

I also question his ability to get the best out of his teammates. I have not liked what I have seen from Kevin Love


I need his overall, 5 year condensed avg's. I'm in a debate with some Kevin Love nut hugger. He'll say something like, "its only been 3 games!" I'm saying, I'd rather have Aldridge or Z-bo any day of the week.

Edit: I already told his stupid ass about his 3 game numbers. Just a stubborn Love nut hugger.

elementally morale 11-25-2012 08:19 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
I need his overall, 5 year condensed avg's. I'm in a debate with some Kevin Love nut hugger. He'll say something like, "its only been 3 games!" I'm saying, I'd rather have Aldridge or Z-bo any day of the week.

Edit: I already told his stupid ass about his 3 game numbers. Just a stubborn Love nut hugger.


Imagine you will succeed and be able to convince him. Is life going to be any better for you? For him? For anyone else?

Before putting in way too much effort, give yourself 25 second to think about it. It may not be worth the effort.

BankShot 11-25-2012 08:40 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

6-20
6-15
12-25


Thats 36 missed shots

At the free throw line he missed 12 shots


If you would have watched the games, you would have noticed the brace on his shooting hand and the grimace on his face at the free throw line.

Its funny how people make assumptions from three games worth of box scores. :rolleyes:

tikay0 11-25-2012 08:47 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elementally morale
Imagine you will succeed and be able to convince him. Is life going to be any better for you? For him? For anyone else?

Before putting in way too much effort, give yourself 25 second to think about it. It may not be worth the effort.


There is no convincing a Love fan boy. There just isn't.

BankShot 11-25-2012 08:47 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
I'm saying, I'd rather have Aldridge or Z-bo any day of the week.


It depends on what you're looking for in a player....

Aldridge is longer and more of a deterrent at the rim and a good midranger shooter with an unblockable release, but doesn't rebound like Love or Z-Bo.

Randolph is more of an automatic bucket down low and hes a great rebounder, but doesn't block shots and doesn't pass as well.

Love is an elite rebounder, stretches the floor, and is a decent passer for his position, but he doesn't block shots or have great low post moves.

tikay0 11-25-2012 08:48 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
It depends on what you're looking for in a player....

Aldridge is longer and more of a deterrent at the rim and a good midranger shooter with an unblockable release, but doesn't rebound like Love or Z-Bo.

Randolph is more of an automatic bucket down low and hes a great rebounder, but doesn't block shots and doesn't pass as well.

Love is an elite rebounder, stretches the floor, and is a decent passer for his position, but he doesn't block shots or have great low post moves.


Gimme Tim Duncan/KG. When they were younger. Good Lord, the NBA big men are watered down........

BankShot 11-25-2012 08:49 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
There is no convincing a Love fan boy. There just isn't.


Hate to break it to you..... but there isn't a prayer trying to convince any fanboy something other than what their tunnel vision sees.

My advice? Quit the fruitless arguments with trolls and homers, and talk basketball with the objective and rational posters.

BankShot 11-25-2012 08:50 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
Gimme Tim Duncan/KG. When they were younger. Good Lord, the NBA big men are watered down........


Okay.... so give you first-ballot HOFers in their prime instead of one- or two-time All-Stars still developing their skills?

Sure, bud. :rolleyes:

tikay0 11-25-2012 08:50 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
Hate to break it to you..... but there isn't a prayer trying to convince any fanboy something other than what their tunnel vision sees.

My advice? Quit the fruitless arguments with trolls and homers, and talk basketball with the objective and rational posters.


Yeah. Your right.

chips93 11-25-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Kevin Love summary....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
Randolph is more of an automatic bucket down low and hes a great rebounder, but doesn't block shots and doesn't pass as well.


id disagree

i think that was a valid criticism of z-bo in the past, but this year he has been passing the ball pretty well.

alongside marc, memphis has the best interior passing in the league.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy