Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should Wade slide over to PG? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281942)

scm5 11-19-2012 02:12 PM

Should Wade slide over to PG?

Norris Cole has been sucking it up this season and they now have Ray Allen.

Wade has been pretty banged up this season, and I think he would benefit a lot by playing point against smaller players. He would also be able to cut weight since he wouldn't be battling against bigger players, which would save his knees.

Money 23 11-19-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Should Wade slide over to PG?

Wade should slide over to 6th man, and get his confidence / game / stats up.

pegasus 11-19-2012 02:16 PM

No, because he's no Kobe Bryant. Never been and never will be.

scm5 11-19-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
Wade should slide over to 6th man, and get his confidence / game / stats up.

I think moving over to PG would be more feasible/realistic. He's too big of a star to play a 6th man role.

I do agree that the Heat would be so deadly if Wade adopted a 6th man role. Lebron doesn't need Wade on the floor with the players he has around him now. Wade coming in to relieve Lebron would be such a nightmare for other teams.

r15mohd 11-19-2012 02:28 PM

chalmers is the PG...and has been doing a descent job at it, though Lebron has been at the helm of it really. I agree Wade playing a 6th man role would be ideal, but too early to say that's his best fit. If his sub-par play continues, i'd consider it...but if they get back in the swing of things, as they did last season and in the playoffs, he is best suited in the starting lineup as is.

AirTupac 11-19-2012 02:31 PM

He should slide his ass over to the retirement home.

Hoiids 11-19-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasus

What does this have to do with Kobe at all?
And Kobe would be a HORRIBLE PG, as would Wade imo
:facepalm

HEAT111 11-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

No, because Kobe is no Wade. Never been and never will be.

:roll: :roll:

Bandito 11-19-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

It would be weird for Wade to be Dwayne Wade and Kobe at the same time.

Haymaker 11-19-2012 02:39 PM

Yeah, and how is he gonna keep up with guys like Tony Parker/Kyrie Irving/Westbrook?

scm5 11-19-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r15mohd
chalmers is the PG...and has been doing a descent job at it, though Lebron has been at the helm of it really. I agree Wade playing a 6th man role would be ideal, but too early to say that's his best fit. If his sub-par play continues, i'd consider it...but if they get back in the swing of things, as they did last season and in the playoffs, he is best suited in the starting lineup as is.

Chalmers has been playing well at PG, but not at a starter level.

scm5 11-19-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker
Yeah, and how is he gonna keep up with guys like Tony Parker/Kyrie Irving/Westbrook?

Wade is a pretty quick guard. He's as athletic as any of those players. Plus, they have less of a shot at guarding Wade.

r15mohd 11-19-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scm5
Chalmers has been playing well at PG, but not at a starter level.

you cant expect a star level/above average PG when Lebron is on your squad, it wont happen as you lose Lebron's overall attack on offense

Chalmers is a perfect fit to me...defends well, making better passes/recording more assists this season, hits the open 3 and will occasionally make a good drive to the basket when ready.

still has a few bonehead plays...but has been much better at those mistakes

Doranku 11-19-2012 03:13 PM

The only thing Wade is sliding over to is the third option of his team.

Micku 11-19-2012 03:24 PM

He played PG in his rookie year. He played a little bit of PG in his sophomore year too.

He doesn't like playing PG though. But, Bosh doesn't like playing center. It could change. It doesn't matter though since LeBron would always handle the ball more than Wade. LBJ is the point of the team.