Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Zeller Not Cleared for Brooklyn, But Will Be Back Soon (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281302)

Meticode 11-12-2012 07:46 PM

Zeller Not Cleared for Brooklyn, But Will Be Back Soon

Tyler Zeller (concussion, fractured cheekbone) will not rejoin the Cavs in Brooklyn for Tuesday's game against the Cavs.

Zeller has yet to be cleared by the NBA's concussion testing protocol, although Jason Lloyd suggests that could happen in time for Cleveland's game against Dallas on Saturday. Lloyd also notes it's the concussion and not the fracture that's sidelining Zeller, so he should return when the NBA clears him.

Meticode 11-12-2012 07:48 PM

Re: Zeller Not Cleared for Brooklyn, But Will Be Back Soon

Thought I'd posted this. In my opinion he's been our second best big man behind Varejao. It's too bad he had that injury during his best game of the season. He's fully played up to my expectations thus far.

SourPatchKids 11-12-2012 10:02 PM

Zeller was actually really underrated coming out of college. If you look at his brother Cody, he's not that much of an upgrade to his big bro.

Meticode 11-12-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Zeller was actually really underrated coming out of college. If you look at his brother Cody, he's not that much of an upgrade to his big bro.

He's very solid and knows his role. He's not out there trying to do too much.

chips93 11-13-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
He's very solid and knows his role. He's not out there trying to do too much.

he needs to put on some weight, but ive been impressed with his toughness in the paint. he might get pushed around, but thats not because of lack of effort

FatComputerNerd 11-14-2012 05:15 PM

Can't wait for his return.

I really liked what little we'd seen of him.

Legit 7 footer who can bang, but can also knock down outside shots, which of course means more open lanes for our other guys to drive to the hoop since his defender will have to leave the paint to guard him outside...

Meticode 11-14-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Can't wait for his return.

I really liked what little we'd seen of him.

Legit 7 footer who can bang, but can also knock down outside shots, which of course means more open lanes for our other guys to drive to the hoop since his defender will have to leave the paint to guard him outside...

What I like about more than anything is he hustles and runs the court very well. It was nice to watch him play when him and Varejao are down there beating the opponents big men down the court.