Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Green's Birthday Cake Dunk or Dwight's Superman Dunk (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76234)

picc84 02-16-2008 10:52 PM

Green's Birthday Cake Dunk or Dwight's Superman Dunk

Which was better?

BigTicket 02-16-2008 10:53 PM

Re: Green's Birthday Cake Dunk or Dwight's Superman Dunk

Only one of them was actually a dunk ....

Jordan Pippen Rodman 02-16-2008 10:53 PM

considering dwight didn't even dunk the ball, i'll go with Green.

Eldrunko247 02-16-2008 10:53 PM

both were lame...just gimmicks

picc84 02-16-2008 10:55 PM

Haters. :oldlol:

Youuuu!

Fatal9 02-16-2008 10:59 PM

define dunk...

FOYE4MVP 02-16-2008 11:01 PM

obviously the birthday cake dunk is way better than the soulja boy dunk.
did he even dunk the ball? geeez.

rknine15 02-16-2008 11:06 PM

one was a regulary dunk while spitting... the other a mini jumper with high elevation

Mewwem22 02-16-2008 11:14 PM

I think that Dwight wouldn't have had to "throw" the ball towards the hoop if the hoop had actually been 12 feet like he wanted. :)

Dwight's dunk was more impressive though. Regardless of how much of a "dunk" it was, that's a very hard thing to do. Green's dunk was VERY creative, but i'm sure that just about any great dunker could do that if they tried.

kevinballer08 02-16-2008 11:19 PM

ChrisConley 02-16-2008 11:19 PM

the superman dunk was not a dunk so the birthday cake dunk by default.

however, dwight's first dunk (from behind the backboard) and his first 2nd round dunk (tap off the backboard) were >>>>>>>>>>>>>> birthday cake dunk.

Richie2k6 02-16-2008 11:20 PM

Wow, people are b*tching that he threw it in. Do you guys even realize how that was to do in the first place? It was amazing, leave it at that. So many haters over an all-time great performace.

bigkingsfan 02-16-2008 11:24 PM

Main Entry:
dunk
Pronunciation:
\ˈdəŋk\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Pennsylvania German dunke, from Middle High German dunken, from Old High German dunkōn — more at tinge
Date:

transitive verb 1 : to dip (as a piece of bread) into a beverage while eating 2 : to dip or submerge temporarily in liquid 3 : to throw (a basketball) into the basket from above the rim

It was a dunk to me...

RecSpecs110 02-16-2008 11:24 PM

Did Dwight have to bring up Soulja Boy? I laughed so hard when he brought out the cape and everything, but once he indicated that he was referring to the Soulja Boy, I was like "Ugh."

But overall, I liked both.

ChrisConley 02-16-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Wow, people are b*tching that he threw it in. Do you guys even realize how that was to do in the first place? It was amazing, leave it at that. So many haters over an all-time great performace.

yo i'm a dwight fan and was rooting for him and i think he blew gerald out for real, but that superman dunk was not a dunk, and this is a dunk contest! what should have happened, had the judges not reacted so quickly, is he should have got to try it again and i have no doubt he would have made it (he still had 1:30 left). when jamario missed his 2nd dunk, it still went in, and they didn't count it, they let him try it again. same thing should have happened for dwight's. that being said, the sh!t was def impressive regardless of the fact it wasn't a dunk. that was much harder to do than a dunk imo, but it comes down to the fact that he didn't dunk it, and this is the dunk contest.