Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why not T-Mac for MVP (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34264)

L.Kizzle 03-19-2007 01:34 PM

Why not T-Mac for MVP

That LeBron James for MVP got me thinking, why not Tracy McGrady for MVP.

Steve Nash supposedly won the MVP last season because he kept the Suns with a top records despite Amare Stoudemire missing 79 games (he still had another All-Star and All-NBA 3rd teamer in Shawn Marion). Well T-Mac has kept the Rockets among the top teams in the league with Yao Ming missing 33 games.

So why not McGrady for MVP, PPG 24.4 | RPG 5.2 | APG 6.2 | STL 1.2 | BLK .5

Cannonball 03-19-2007 01:35 PM

Re: Why not T-Mac for MVP

I would agree more with Tmac than nash or dirk.

His allstar was down.

Brunch@Five 03-19-2007 01:49 PM

why is everyone so desperately trying to take the award away from Dirk? It's not like he won it the last two years so some might be tired of him winning it.
Is because he's white, or german?

ElPigto 03-19-2007 02:48 PM

The list:

1. Dirk
2. Nash
3. T-mac

If T-mac wins the award, even though I'm a Rockets fan, I would be sort of dissapointed because Dirk deserves this award more than anyone. I'd celebrate it, but it just wouldn't feel right, :\.

fatboy11 03-19-2007 02:50 PM

Dirk Nowitzki is the MVP.

There is no list.

ElPigto 03-19-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Dirk Nowitzki is the MVP.

There is no list.

Ranking wise, yes.

There are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place votes, so there has to be some sort of list.

Dizzle-2k7 03-19-2007 02:53 PM

i agree tmac deserves mention... but this just seems to be dirk's year.

cmon man theyve been flirting with 70 wins.

SCREWstonRockets 03-19-2007 02:56 PM

T-Mac has definately had an MVP season, but i highly doubt he would win the award. For him to be in MVP considerations, is good enough for me. Folks from everywhere were saying T-Mac was done. He has proved all those ****** wrong.

GOBB 03-19-2007 03:07 PM

Tmac deferred to Yao Ming for 27gms and was hurt for 9gms. He'll get MVP votes, he's not a top 3 MVP candidate at all.

ElPigto 03-19-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Tmac deferred to Yao Ming for 27gms and was hurt for 9gms. He'll get MVP votes, he's not a top 3 MVP candidate at all.

Who's number 3 in your opinion?

SCREWstonRockets 03-19-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB

Yeah, he deferred to Yao but during that time he was creating plays and setting up his teammates. If anything, that should help him in the MVP candidacy. His offense was not rolling so he found another way to contribute and made his teammates better. I don't think its a long shot to say he is a top 3 MVP candidate.

Cannonball 03-19-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto

Nash

1.LeBron
2.Drk
3.Nash

GOBB 03-19-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto

Tim Duncan followed be Lebron James

ElPigto 03-19-2007 03:30 PM

I see. Very arguable, but I won't say it's wrong either because their teams are playing really well.

TMac&Luther 03-19-2007 03:31 PM

Tmac is going to free fall down people's MVP list, because by the end of the season, the Rockets are going to be rolling with a healthy Yao and Tmac and people will have forgotten what he did to keep the Rockets afloat while Yao was down......Kinda like everybodies has forgotten how high of a level Yao was playing pre-injury.