Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Drew Gooden's New Tatoo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57784)

Pyro 10-04-2007 05:07 PM

Drew Gooden's New Tatoo

Da KO King 10-04-2007 05:10 PM

Re: Drew Gooden's New Tatoo

I been looking at that damn thing for like two days now and still don't get it. I see the clock, I see the cross, and I see the angel. The lightbulb still is not clicking on above my head though.

Kebab Stall 10-04-2007 05:10 PM

Personally I don't like it, but if it floats his boat then who cares.

Pyro 10-04-2007 05:11 PM

here is some more

Thug Life Tat

Nygher 10-04-2007 05:14 PM

Robert Swift is possibly the ugliest person in sports

lurch67 10-04-2007 05:15 PM

Looks like the clock is melting from the flames of hell. Notice the devil standing with arms out stretched. Stuff under the flame appears to be maybe a side view of a canyon wall. Like you're looking at the floor of hell in a cut away diagram. Maybe he's praying that time to win a championship isn't devilishly melting away.:confusedshrug:

Kebab Stall 10-04-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch67
Looks like the clock is melting from the flames of hell. Notice the devil standing with arms out stretched. Stuff under the flame appears to be maybe a side view of a canyon wall. Like you're looking at the floor of hell in a cut away diagram. Maybe he's praying that time to win a championship isn't devilishly melting away.:confusedshrug:

That makes sense and fits in with the tattoo. At first I thought the devil was a crown until you pointed it out.

Da KO King 10-04-2007 05:25 PM

What ever happened to a good 'ol basketball tat? Ball swishing through the net? NBA logo with a player's number on it?

I mean, damn, look at Robert Swift, he look like a damn Yakuza member all those damn tats.

lurch67 10-04-2007 05:26 PM

Im into ink. Finally found a new artist in the area since mine moved to Hell, MN

lurch67 10-04-2007 05:28 PM

Swifts got a nice Celtic theme going on. Not sure if I did that thug life tat on the abdomin. But, too each their own.

Kebab Stall 10-04-2007 05:30 PM

I love tattoos but I find people who get tattoos because of a meaning is too cliche nowadays. I just think if it looks cool and you love it then get it, just don't get something you'll regret.

JalenRawley 10-04-2007 05:34 PM

If I were an NBA player, I would always worry that some serious injury would come along and you'd have to have surgery and get cut open over a big piece of highly detailed work like that.

I've never been much of a tattoo person myself, but the one place that I would most likely do a tattoo is my right arm at the shoulder, and there's already a big nasty scar there, which is kinda why I would worry about a situation like the above.

Nice tattoo though. I had to look, just because with him and his ducktail, who knows if he was going to end up with a massive back tattoo of Ducky from Pretty in Pink.

SupermanOnSteroids 10-04-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro

ok look at it.

its got 2 angels on top. 2 angles = multiple angles. in spanish los angles.

its got the clock showing a time.

on the bottom there's fire, a red guy by the flames with open arms as if he's inviting you. stuff that looks like ground and a cross at the bottom with fire coming out of it. the cross normally represents christ, but putting it on fire, you can say that he's talking about the anti christ. you put the anti christ with the flames and the whole under the earth thing and you got - hell.

so when you put it all together you get this message -

LOS ANGELES TIME TO GO TO HELL!!!

that's what drew gooden's tattoo is trying to say. i guess they didn't give him a contract or refused to trade for him or something.

Sharas 10-04-2007 06:09 PM

visually, it looks impressive. (for those that are into tattoos, i'd never get one myself)

Heretik32 10-04-2007 06:33 PM

Both Gooden's and Swift's ink is really well done. I wish I could afford work like that.

Jackson's, on the other hand... Meh.