Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Current Durant or prime Kobe--who you got? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331304)

sportjames23 04-07-2014 07:05 PM

Current Durant or prime Kobe--who you got?

Aiight, Kobestans have been accused by others of only liking Durant because he replaced Bron as the best in the game.

So, let's see who'd they (and everyone else, too) choose between prime Mamba and current Servant.

DMAVS41 04-07-2014 07:09 PM

Re: Current Durant or prime Kobe--who you got?

Have to take Kobe at this point.

Durant hasn't proved enough in the playoffs yet.

I'd expect prime Kobe to win the title with the kind of help Durant has had from 11 to present...so we need to see what Durant does in order to really compare the two fairly.

If it's just regular season play...I'd give current Durant a slight edge over prime Kobe

KyrieTheFuture 04-07-2014 07:09 PM

If I have a good defensive player, Durant, if my best defensive player has to be these two guys then Kobe. Difference in scoring is not enough to justify the difference in D. If I have any semblance of a good defense the Durant erryday

scm5 04-07-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportjames23
Aiight, Kobestans have been accused by others of only liking Durant because he replaced Bron as the best in the game.

So, let's see who'd they (and everyone else, too) choose between prime Mamba and current Servant.

Laker fan for life, Kobe fan secondary, so I'm not sure if my opinion is what you want

Everything in my head that's logical and stat orientated wants to go with Durant and he would likely be my choice.

However, there has to be something about Kobe's personality and style of play that contributes to winning championships beyond stats. Look at David Robinson vs Tim Duncan or Hakeem. His numbers are just as good, if not better.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but today's basketball seems to be more geared towards statistics.

HOoopCityJones 04-07-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
If I have a good defensive player, Durant, if my best defensive player has to be these two guys then Kobe. Difference in scoring is not enough to justify the difference in D. If I have any semblance of a good defense the Durant erryday

Why the fuq are you talking like KD is some big time Defensive stopper compared to kobe? :biggums:

Human Error 04-07-2014 07:18 PM

Are you joking? Current Durant is so much better than any version of Kobe.

christian1923 04-07-2014 07:19 PM

The guy who won rings with pau and odom

KyrieTheFuture 04-07-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
Why the fuq are you talking like KD is some big time Defensive stopper compared to kobe? :biggums:

That's literally the exact opposite of what I said.

iTare 04-07-2014 07:26 PM

Have to take Kobe at this point.

Durant hasn't proved enough in the playoffs yet.

I'd expect prime Kobe to win the title with the kind of help Durant has had from 11 to present...so we need to see what Durant does in order to really compare the two fairly.

If it's just regular season play...I'd give current Durant a slight edge over prime Kobe

CelticBaller 04-07-2014 07:27 PM

LeBron

HOoopCityJones 04-07-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
That's literally the exact opposite of what I said.

Ahh, my bad , I see.

You said if you had a good defensive stopper, gotcha.

sportjames23 04-07-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Human Error
Are you joking? Current Durant is so much better than any version of Kobe.

How? Serious question.

NumberSix 04-07-2014 07:36 PM

How is a 5x champion being compared to a guy with a stacked team and claims of being the best player while also having 0 expectations of winning a title?

NumberSix 04-07-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportjames23

When did this happen? Do playoffs not count for anything?

HOoopCityJones 04-07-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberSix
How is a 5x champion being compared to a guy with a stacked team and claims of being the best player while also having 0 expectations of winning a title?

Better get used to it, Durant is trying his hardest to be the next Tim Duncan.