Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Dark Knight Trilogy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273837)

Raz 08-09-2012 01:13 PM

The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
I watched the 3rd film last night, holy crap it was good. I don't know what others have been smoking, that was an excellent movie. Bane was a scary ass dude, he seemed undefeatable. The movie had a perfect ending as well.

Forget Star Wars
Fuck Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings, meh

These 3 movies made an amazing trilogy. It's very clear there will be more, but Nolan will just be an exec producer.

The cast were amazing, even the cheesy Selina Kyle character.

Myth 08-09-2012 01:21 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
This couldn't have gone in the TDKR thread?

And no, there won't be more. A reboot is already planned for 2016 that is not going to be part of the same series.

Swaggin916 08-09-2012 01:24 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
this "Trilogy" is nowhere near the first Star Wars or Lord of the Rings IMO.

But it would have been had TDKR had not of been a pile of poop (IMO). Batman Begins and TDK are right there though and I would say TDK as a stand alone is probably the best movie out of them all. The Fellowship of the Ring though... damn that's near impossible to beat.

Raz 08-09-2012 01:25 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
This couldn't have gone in the TDKR thread?

And no, there won't be more. A reboot is already planned for 2016 that is not going to be part of the same series.


No - because I'm an attention whore.

Who says that? I can totally see them adding on to this series.

wang4three 08-09-2012 01:29 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
The third one was good, but I felt the ending was rushed. Also a lot of things didn't make sense as the story was rather scattered. It was entertaining, I liked it, but I don't think it was near TDK.

Myth 08-09-2012 01:30 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
No - because I'm an attention whore.

Who says that? I can totally see them adding on to this series.


:lol Fair enough.

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-08-...-film-for-2016

I also remember reading in the past that part of the agreement for Nolan to consult on the Batman reboot is that the studios leave his trilogy alone and don't build on it.

Meticode 08-09-2012 01:32 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Personally The Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite trilogy I've watched ever. I like Star Wars, but never got into it hardcore. It's just comes down to personal tastes.

I was okay with the ending.

I'm looking forward to see what Synder and Nolan do with Superman with Man of Steel. The treaser trailer gave me slight goosebumps.

Myth 08-09-2012 01:35 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
Personally The Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite trilogy I've watched ever. I like Star Wars, but never got into it hardcore. It's just comes down to personal tastes.

I was okay with the ending.


Dark Knight Trilogy is definitely my favorite where there are only 3 movies. But Dark Knight and the first 3 Alien movies are close for me if only looking at the first 3 in any series.

If I had to rank the individual movies:
Aliens
Dark Knight
Alien
Batman Begins
Dark Knight Rises
Alien 3

Raz 08-09-2012 01:35 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
:lol Fair enough.

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-08-...-film-for-2016

I also remember reading in the past that part of the agreement for Nolan to consult on the Batman reboot is that the studios leave his trilogy alone and don't build on it.



I hope they don't make a Justice League movie. It will be shit. The Justice League is terrible - Batman is best working alone, and so is Superman. Why would Superman need to work with anyone. Wanting a Justice League movie to come out is akin to rooting for the Miami Heat, but worse.

I will not watch this movie if they attempt to make it. The Nolan series would be much better, Gordon-Lovitt as Batman, but he starts killing people, unlike Bruce Wayne. Bruce would have to come back, it could be awesome. The y couldn't have the Joker, but they could have the Penguin, Riddler, and Poison Ivy. Heck, they could even re-launch Bane (who says he's dead).

Raz 08-09-2012 01:37 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggin916
this "Trilogy" is nowhere near the first Star Wars or Lord of the Rings IMO.

But it would have been had TDKR had not of been a pile of poop (IMO). Batman Begins and TDK are right there though and I would say TDK as a stand alone is probably the best movie out of them all. The Fellowship of the Ring though... damn that's near impossible to beat.


Coming from the guy that dresses like one of the psychos from Columbine. Your opinion isn't worth a dime.

D-Rose 08-09-2012 01:40 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
It's unfortunate that they'll be rebooting the series soon....I'd just make JGL batman and carry on from the end of TDKR to at least have some continuity and familiarity. Man of Steel does look good though.

Raz 08-09-2012 01:42 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rose
It's unfortunate that they'll be rebooting the series soon....I'd just make JGL batman and carry on from the end of TDKR to at least have some continuity and familiarity. Man of Steel does look good though.


I agree. All these remakes drive me nuts. Will not watch Spiderman.

Meticode 08-09-2012 01:42 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
Coming from the guy that dresses like one of the psychos from Columbine. Your opinion isn't worth a dime.

Don't attack him because he didn't like the movie. :no: Not mature at all.

Raz 08-09-2012 01:44 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
Don't attack him because he didn't like the movie. :no: Not mature at all.


Pfft, movie was amazing. It was wrapped up a little too quickly, but hey, it was already like 2h20m long.

For me I would rank them like this:
1. Dark Knight
2. Dark Knight Rises (best acting job by Bale out of the 3)
3. Batman Begins

JohnnySic 08-09-2012 01:45 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Bale's pro wrestling voice as Batman brings it down a notch...

Myth 08-09-2012 01:45 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
I agree. All these remakes drive me nuts. Will not watch Spiderman.


Remakes in comic book movies don't bother me as much because comics themselves are rebooted all the time. However, I don't want to see origins remade over and over, which is something the new Spiderman movie does. The second half of the new Spiderman was pretty good once it got into a new story and not just a rehash of what we have already seen.

Raz 08-09-2012 01:46 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Remakes in comic book movies don't bother me as much because comics themselves are rebooted all the time. However, I don't want to see origins remade over and over, which is something the new Spiderman movie does. The second half of the new Spiderman was pretty good once it got into a new story and not just a rehash of what we have already seen.


I couldn't believe they remade it so quickly, it's such a slap in the face to all the people that worked on those first 3 Spiderman movies.

JohnnySic 08-09-2012 01:47 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

A reboot is already planned for 2016

LOL. Squeeze the cash cow,

Meticode 08-09-2012 01:47 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
I feel most people are turned off from watching The Amazing Spiderman because it's too soon. At least with Batman Begins they gave it almost a decade between the last Batman movie. When previews for The Amazing Spiderman came out most ignorant people were like, "Where is Toby Maguire?" thinking it was part of the previous trilogies.

JohnnySic 08-09-2012 01:52 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
At least 20 years should pass before you even think about making a remake. Let the landscape change, the culture to evolve, technology to advance. The story becomes new, yet familiar. Otherwise, what's the point (aside from making money)?

embersyc 08-09-2012 01:57 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
I feel most people are turned off from watching The Amazing Spiderman because it's too soon. At least with Batman Begins they gave it almost a decade between the last Batman movie. When previews for The Amazing Spiderman came out most ignorant people were like, "Where is Toby Maguire?" thinking it was part of the previous trilogies.



Not only was it too soon, but the movie isn't good.

With Batman Begins you have a movie that is vastly superior to the last Batman movie and potentially the entire Batman franchise to that point.

I would say Amazing Spiderman was only marginally better than Spiderman 3, which was a horrible movie and ruined Sam Raimi's entire trilogy. However Spiderman and Spiderman 2 are both easily better films than Amazing Spiderman.

Raz 08-09-2012 02:00 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
I feel most people are turned off from watching The Amazing Spiderman because it's too soon. At least with Batman Begins they gave it almost a decade between the last Batman movie. When previews for The Amazing Spiderman came out most ignorant people were like, "Where is Toby Maguire?" thinking it was part of the previous trilogies.


I agree. The Spiderman and Superman films make me mad. The only redeeming feature for Superman is that Nolan is involved, so it will probably be good. I like his gritty style.

I would really like to point out again how well Bale acted in DKR. Bane also did well acting with his eyes. He was able to show lunacy with his eyes, very calculated looks.

Raz 08-09-2012 02:01 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by embersyc
Not only was it too soon, but the movie isn't good.

With Batman Begins you have a movie that is vastly superior to the last Batman movie and potentially the entire Batman franchise to that point.


I was worried that Batman Begins wouldn't be able to match up with Batman or Batman Returns, it blew them both out of the water, and they were good films in their time.

DonDadda59 08-09-2012 02:07 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
we have a new dark knight thread? Whatever.

They should just continue nolan's story/universe. There's no need for another pointless reboot and they spent so much time and effort into building the backstory and arc of 'robin'. The reason that begins was necessary was that schumacher had botched the franchise so badly that the only solution was to throw a grenade in that sumbich and start from scratch.

But people overwhelmingly approved of nolan's vision and they made piles of cash. Why fix something that ain't broke, especially since wayne is alive and well, chilling with his new girlfriend. You could even take some elements from the comics and do batman incorporated mixed with the prodigal son storyline. 'robin' takes on the mantle and the audience is informed that wayne is travelling the globe setting up his own league of shadows like syndicate (obviously to help people not to kill them off) then at the end have the big climax be him returning to gotham. Nice way to continue the bat franchise and also possibly set up a nightwing storyline for jgl.

But no... Let's see batman begins redux for no reason.

Meticode 08-09-2012 02:09 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
I agree. The Spiderman and Superman films make me mad. The only redeeming feature for Superman is that Nolan is involved, so it will probably be good. I like his gritty style.

I would really like to point out again how well Bale acted in DKR. Bane also did well acting with his eyes. He was able to show lunacy with his eyes, very calculated looks.

I don't even count Superman Returns as a movie. While I was interesting to see how they would possibly portray Superman through CGI and newer filming, I don't even pay attention to it. I never was really a fan of the original Superman movies. So I'm looking forward to something that will do Superman justice.

Jailblazers7 08-09-2012 02:17 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
They should definitely keep continuity with Nolan's Batman. Superhero movies are lame a lot of the time because we've all seen/heard their origin story 100 times. More interesting things can be done with the character if you don't have to reboot the origin every couple years.

BMOGEFan 08-09-2012 02:22 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
They should definitely keep continuity with Nolan's Batman. Superhero movies are lame a lot of the time because we've all seen/heard their origin story 100 times. More interesting things can be done with the character if you don't have to reboot the origin every couple years.


If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.

Raz 08-09-2012 02:26 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.


Continuing with Robin as Batman would work.

DonDadda59 08-09-2012 02:31 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.


if wayne had died then yeah you oviously couldn't bring him back, but his final scene was him having drinks with catwoman in france...

What's he going to do for the rest of his life. Bruce wayne can't live without batman. If anything, bruce wayne is the disguise (as 'robin' pointed out). He'd just go back to being a crazy, crippled hermit.

guy 08-09-2012 02:32 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
Continuing with Robin as Batman would work.


What doesn't make sense about that is who is going to train Robin? His background is being a cop. Would be one thing if Bruce Wayne trained him, but I don't think I could buy this average cop all of a sudden being able to kick everyone's ass at the same time all the time.

I don't think these trilogies should really be compared. The Dark Knight were all largely independent each other with only a few storylines carrying over from one movie to the next. Star Wars and LOTR are like 9 hour movies broken into 3.

Raz 08-09-2012 02:37 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guy
What doesn't make sense about that is who is going to train Robin? His background is being a cop. Would be one thing if Bruce Wayne trained him, but I don't think I could buy this average cop all of a sudden being able to kick everyone's ass at the same time all the time.

I don't think these trilogies should really be compared. The Dark Knight were all largely independent each other with only a few storylines carrying over from one movie to the next. Star Wars and LOTR are like 9 hour movies broken into 3.


Bruce would train him for sure. Robin starts killing bad guys, Batman comes back, and they become Batman and Robin.

Jailblazers7 08-09-2012 02:57 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.


Still haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't comment on that.

kobron23 08-09-2012 03:00 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
godfather trilogy > all trilogy

KDTrey5 08-09-2012 03:05 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
havent seen the 3rd

Raz 08-09-2012 03:11 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Still haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't comment on that.


Quote:

Originally Posted by KDTrey5
havent seen the 3rd


Sorry guys.

Get back to me once you see it. Just don't go in with Dark Knight expectations, judge it for a film in itself. Amazing work, intense fight scenes.

matt1016 08-09-2012 03:52 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
I reviewed the film with a cartoon that I drew in the other thread. I won't be obnoxious and repost - go here to see it:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...238931&page=63

dunksby 08-09-2012 05:15 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Wayne can definitely come back, you think Catwoman is gonna play housewife the rest of her life and Batman didn't save the city to leave it up for grab.

Undisputed 08-09-2012 06:28 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
Pfft, movie was amazing. It was wrapped up a little too quickly, but hey, it was already like 2h20m long.

I thought it was wrapped up just fine. It was 2h45m, anything more would have made the movie drag out way longer than necessary. I thought it was the rare great movies that did things perfectly.

Joshumitsu 08-09-2012 06:36 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
The film had something like 20-30 minutes of footage edited out.

Hopefully, the extended cut is released. TDKR did feel slightly disjointed so maybe the extra footage would help.

Rose 08-09-2012 06:43 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
The film had something like 20-30 minutes of footage edited out.

Hopefully, the extended cut is released. TDKR did feel slightly disjointed so maybe the extra footage would help.

I'm eager to see the footage of young Bane, and the mask he used then.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy